Yamaha SY-99 - GoTek USB - HxC - Bad Disk / Write Protected

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
StudioRepairService

Yamaha SY-99 - GoTek USB - HxC - Bad Disk / Write Protected

Post by StudioRepairService »

Hi,

We have upgraded a Yamaha SY-99 for one of our customers. We swapped the original diskdrive for a GoTek USB floppy emulator (basic 3x 7-segment display model).

We have:

- Connected the drive using the Yamaha XS501 adapter board (which was already in the unit to connect the original floppy drive to the mainboard) (https://syntaur.com/Items.php?Item=2301)
- Set jumpers M0 + S0 (based on information i have read in a SY-77 topic)
- bought and succesfully flashed the latest HxC bootloader using a USB>TTL adapter.
- Loaded the latest firmware by USB stick (HxCFEUSB_V3_5_2_5a.UPD)
- Saved a "HXCSDFE.CFG" file in the root of the USB stick to set it in Indexed mode
- Verified that the GoTek boots up with the display text "HxC" and then "000" when the stick is inserted.
- Copied the DSKA0000.HFE file from the HxCFloppyEmulator_DosDiskBrowser application to the root of the USB stick

Now when I try to format the disk from the Yamaha SY-99 internal menu, it does detect the disk (also the green led on the GoTek lights up). It runs the formatting sequence up to 100%, but then it says Error: Write Protected. Every other disk related option to read the floppy just gives an error "Bad Disk". Then I have read somewhere that I should use the non-gated firmware using the custom firmware builder. So i did that, but that makes no difference either.

I noticed that the green led on the GoTek lights up whenever the Yamaha tries to access the disk, so there is communication. I have read somewhere that the GoTek should indicate "WR" when it's writing.. it does not do that.

Can anybody please help me (and my customer)?

Kind regards,

Bastiaan de Waard
StudioRepairService.nl
Attachments
files_on_usb_stick.zip
(63.2 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha SY-99 - GoTek USB - HxC - Bad Disk / Write Protected

Post by Jeff »

Hello,
i have responded to your email with a new file to try.