HELP FITTING GOTEC TO YAMAHA PSR 630

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
R BELL

HELP FITTING GOTEC TO YAMAHA PSR 630

Post by R BELL »

Bought a gotec to fit keyboard PSR 630... Can't figure it out... GOTEC MODEL IS .. SFRC922D with rotor control and lcd . anyone know if this will work. Had my hair torn out for 2 nights now ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HELP FITTING GOTEC TO YAMAHA PSR 630

Post by Jeff »

Hello,

Can you tell me what can you read on the emulator's screen without any usb stick connected ?

R BELL

Post by R BELL »

I removed it to refit disk drive but was something like flash floppy v3.15 had errors E33 and E1 when trying to read usb.
Last edited by R BELL on Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

R BELL

Post by R BELL »

looking at internet it may be set up for a Amiga. Upto now a waist of £49 and 2 nights trying to sort it out..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-FZ1-FZ ... 2749.l2649
Later found this page ... I'm none of the wiser if the unit I have is compatible after reading this..
https://www.linuxrouen.fr/wp/yamaha-por ... m72-fu-dl/

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hello,

I can't provide support for this. I can only provide help/support if you use an HxC2001 product (firmware and/or hardware made by Lotharek).

The good news is that you can install the HxC firmware on this Gotek with an USB stick :D :

Just get the HxC license on this page :
https://hxc2001.com/store/index.html
And then send me an email to get the files for the USB stick installation ! (hxc2001 at hxc2001 dot com)

Thanks !

R BELL

Post by R BELL »

Thank you for the reply. This has became a total pain. Thought it was going to be a 5 min job to insert the drive and copy a few midi files to a usb stick.
Dissembling the keyboard ect disturbing 30yr old cables . Drive has been in out in out.. Not sure if it's me with the software or the set up of drive. But the time I've spent it'll been easier to buy some 3.5" and cheaper just to copy them in the pc or keyboard. I have to way up the risk of keep pulling the keyboard apart to swap the drive over and install. The wiring is showing its age so keep disturbing them not recommended..

Is it me with the software or flash floppy v3.15 ?
Till I know for sure the 3.5" floppy drive will have to stay. Rather stick with the fd. than damage the keyboard. All this to read a midi file.....

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

This is definitively not our product. We can't provide support for this...
Get the official HxC firmware and install it on this drive and then i will send you the instructions and the files.

Thanks !