Trinity Plus - can't load any floppy image

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
syevad

Trinity Plus - can't load any floppy image

Post by syevad »

I've managed to load the contents of old floppies using the Imageless-Mode - but this represent only a temporary solution for the 2 scenarios:
a) I need more than 16 floppies...I can swap files on the go as needed but isn't very practical sometimes
b) most importantly - how do I update/restore the OS is something goes wrong? E.g. if I buy a new upgrade board...I can't just load the OS by copying files on a partition...

So the problem is serious and as far as I'm concernted the Gotek Hxc isn't working properly in my Trinity.

How do I get floppy Images to load via USB dongle on my Trinity?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Trinity Plus - can't load any floppy image

Post by Jeff »

Without these IMG files images i can't help . Please share them.

syevad

Re: Trinity Plus - can't load any floppy image

Post by syevad »

I can happily confirm the IMG files are loading and the Trinity can read and write on them just as floppies - and no issues also when loading the trinity OS - I've put the 2 IMG files (relative to diskette 1 and 2 of the OS) on partition 0000 and 0001 to make sure (there were also other partitions and odd mix bunch of files) but I believe it's just a question of selecting the right partition before turning on the Korg (it makes sense to put the OS disk 1 on 0000) and then selecting the other partition for disk 2.
It was a bit confusing expecially because IMG files sometimes are compressed and there is no indication on the surface they need to be decompressed..