Can DPX-1 both drives jumper

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
brettb

Can DPX-1 both drives jumper

Post by brettb »

Tried every combination jumper of settings. Have tried Shugart mode as well as normal config. Unable to load E2 files and Prophet 2000 from same settings. The DPX-1 will load E2 when it is set to D1A, and load other formats when it is set to D0A. There were various other settings from the manual of both PC and Shugarts mode that would allow the E2 files to load as if coming from drive B, but none that yielded loading of other formats except having jumper D0A on and that rendered the E2 files to not load.

I have the HcX mounted in the 3.5" bay with twisted ribbon. I have had to keep lid off sampler and switch the jumper for D0A on and off to go between formats . I don't use the 5 1/4. Its disconnected. So I am toggling between these two dives. Is there a way for the DPX-1 to see the P2 files coming from drive A and the E2 files coming from drive B using just one floppy emulator?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Can DPX-1 both drives jumper

Post by Jeff »

brettb wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:38 am
Tried every combination jumper of settings. Have tried Shugart mode as well as normal config. Unable to load E2 files and Prophet 2000 from same settings. The DPX-1 will load E2 when it is set to D1A, and load other formats when it is set to D0A. There were various other settings from the manual of both PC and Shugarts mode that would allow the E2 files to load as if coming from drive B, but none that yielded loading of other formats except having jumper D0A on and that rendered the E2 files to not load.

I have the HcX mounted in the 3.5" bay with twisted ribbon. I have had to keep lid off sampler and switch the jumper for D0A on and off to go between formats . I don't use the 5 1/4. Its disconnected. So I am toggling between these two dives. Is there a way for the DPX-1 to see the P2 files coming from drive A and the E2 files coming from drive B using just one floppy emulator?
Set ID0-A (1) and ID1-B (6) and load the image on the drive B slot (select one image and push the select button >2s to enter the menu to select the drive B)

brettb

Post by brettb »

Wow how did i Miss the optional switching from A to B . That part works but it did not load both the behavior did not change . Only loads the E2 files if the A drive is off . So it only worked when D1B was on and D0A off. And the P2 files only load when D0A is on . But that renders drive B inoperable. Get an error when trying to load from B when A jumper is on. Did same thing in shugart and hfe configurations mode. None of the configuration modes changed this behavior.

brettb

Post by brettb »

Here are the jumpers on floppy A. Jumpers at 1,3,8, and 9 or 1,2,7, and 9 depending if you count left to right or right to left.
Attachments
B880FC01-3975-4F8F-BD66-076C692035D4.jpeg
B880FC01-3975-4F8F-BD66-076C692035D4.jpeg (32.76 KiB) Viewed 2377 times