Solution for Korg 01wfd?

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
stereokromatik

Solution for Korg 01wfd?

Post by stereokromatik »

About Gotek...

I have a question about gotek usb emulators ... I have one, kindly provided by my friend on Roland group on FB, who was using it on my w-30, which emulates 720kb floppy disks ... however, I have another workstation, a 01wfd , I did the test of plugging this drive into it, and to my surprise, it works, but with some limitations ... even though I formatted the pen drive with 100 partitions of 720kb as is the procedure, it recognizes only a single partition .. by any chance does the gotek firmware need to be specific for it to work? If so, where could I download this firmware for it to work on 01wfd? In the forums of 01wfd, I didn't find any answer about that, it seems to me, vendors already sell the gotek already configured, and hopped for this purpose. For the W30, it needs to have jumpers in S0 and JA ... but when searching in another forum, a user said that the jumper to work in 01wfd, it should only have a jumper in S0 ... however, when I remove this jumper ( JA), 01wfd no longer recognizes it, it gives a 'drive not ready' error ... what could be wrong? But paying dearly for a new one where I could get a solution with what I already have would be much better. If anyone can shed a light on this, thank you very much...

stereokromatik

Re: Solution for Korg 01wfd?

Post by stereokromatik »

One thing... my gotek have only on display boot, 000 ... nothing more

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

stereokromatik wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:35 am
One thing... my gotek have only on display boot, 000 ... nothing more
Then you probably need to install the HxC firmware first : https://hxc2001.com/store/index.html

stereokromatik

Post by stereokromatik »

Thanks, i will see it!