Korg T3ex problem

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Janwigger

Re: Korg T3ex problem

Post by Janwigger »

Hello,
I got my Korg T2 to work with the help of Jean Francois.
I can save and load data, even formating works. I wait for an extension board to install the ex upgrade and use pcm formatted disc's. Therefore I have a view questions.
Can I format an existing 4 file disc hfe and format it to a pcm disc hfe or do I need a template? If I get a pcm disc how can I create an image of it with omniflop and put it into the emulator?
Is there anyone having some PCM data, especially some good piano multisound?
Thank you all!
Best regards
Jan

Janwigger

Post by Janwigger »

Meanwhile e problem appears. Suddenly the T2 reacts with data error. I updated with newest firmware and formated the stick, put fresh cfg and hfe image on it. Then everything worked. I was able to put all data with sysex on the T2 and save it and load. I made a copy of the stick just in case. But today problem is back and firmware update and fresh stick didn't help. Still not able to load, save or formet. Please helpšŸ˜¢

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Please use the firmware and hfe files i have sent to you last month by email . The Korg T2/T3 require a special parameter in the Gotek firmware to work reliably. The "main stream" releases don't have this parameter set.

Contact me by email if you still have the issue : hxc2001 at hxc2001.com

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Unpack the files present in the attached zip to an empty usb stick.
Update the firmware with the upd present in the zip. This firmware has the right settings for the Korg T2/T3 (https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... pdate.html - just insert the stick , press both buttons, switch the drive/korg with and keep the buttons pressed during ~3 seconds)
Try the images 4,5 and 6.
Korg_HxCGotek.zip
(250.31 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

Janwigger

Post by Janwigger »

Hello Jeff,
the artery update 3.7.1.4 was the update I used before, so it's the latest version. The update inside the zip didn't work at first attempt, after second try its working, even with the old stick and the formerly saved images. Inside the zip are 6 images, 0 1 2 are hfe and seem to work, 3 4 5 are IMG and are not recognized. So after all its working as it should and if it stucks I can reset it (maybe after 2 or 3 attempts). I will observe and try to find out what causes the breakdown and if it's more on the file side or on gotek side. Many thanks this far
Best regards
Jan

Johnnyd65

Post by Johnnyd65 »

I'm trying to workout how to create a PCM formatted disk for the Gotek. All the HFE disk images I have are not in the Korg PCM format. Can someone please provide me with a PCM formatted disk image in HFE.