Korg T2ex image from existing disk

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Janwigger

Korg T2ex image from existing disk

Post by Janwigger »

Hello,
conversion worked so far, but now I want to create images of existing floppys with an USB Floppy drive Mitsumi UFDD 061M. Omniflop seems not to work with usb drives, when I use HxC Floppy emulator it says : error while opening fdrawcmd. When I go to https://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/ they say it works only with non-usb floppy.
So how can I make an image with usb floppy or wich floppy do I need for making images?
best regard Jan

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Korg T2ex image from existing disk

Post by Jeff »

Janwigger wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:11 am
Hello,
conversion worked so far, but now I want to create images of existing floppys with an USB Floppy drive Mitsumi UFDD 061M. Omniflop seems not to work with usb drives, when I use HxC Floppy emulator it says : error while opening fdrawcmd. When I go to https://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/ they say it works only with non-usb floppy.
So how can I make an image with usb floppy or wich floppy do I need for making images?
best regard Jan
WinImage can do the job with usb drive if the the floppy disk use the standard 1.44MB or 720KB format.... Which is unfortunately not the case with Korg disks :-(...
I offer a dump service if you want. (the price depend on the disk quantities + postal return cost).

The other solution is to wait the special dumper firmware for the Gotek. This will change it as a dumper (You will have to make a special floppy ribbon or use jumper cables to connect the Gotek to a floppy disk drive).

Janwigger

Post by Janwigger »

I managed to find someone with an oldpc and was able to create images. Those worked partially, which means I could load these images into the T2ex and use all the pcm data. But suddenly the data error problem came back. I still don't understand where the problem exactly appears. After update, format stick and new files I can use the 4file disc's again. Not sure what is wrong, dte update inside the gotek, the cfg on the stick or the images themselves.

Janwigger

Post by Janwigger »

Now I tried another stick with the same files, but I was only able to toad the 4 first files, the number 4 it said disc type error. But this time I can still read the first 4 files.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Janwigger wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:37 pm
Now I tried another stick with the same files, but I was only able to toad the 4 first files, the number 4 it said disc type error. But this time I can still read the first 4 files.
Can you share these files please ?

Please show what is on your usb stick. I have the feeling that there are some mix-up on your stick.

Which usb stick are you using ?

Are you sure that the firmware was updated with the version attached to this post ? :
viewtopic.php?p=23749#p23749

Can you move the jumper to "MO" on the Gotek ?

Janwigger

Post by Janwigger »

Made another attempt with a third stick and latest version 3.1.7.4. Seems like it really was a problem with the stick. Now I am able to load all of the files into the T2ex. Even formating and saving works as it should. Finally all is working and is stable. Thanks for the great support 😘