Lotharek HXC Rev F not loading OS completely (ESP 16+)

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
kadoat

Lotharek HXC Rev F not loading OS completely (ESP 16+)

Post by kadoat »

I have an Ensiniq EPS 16 Plus with the Lotharek HXC Rev F SD floppy drive emulator installed.

I am unable to get the OS to load beyond the first few 'clicks' (about 09/80). The keyboard then outputs an error code: "ERROR 131 - REBOOT ?"

My SD card has been formatted for FAT32 and his the 'QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages' downloaded from Lotharek's website.

The ribbon cable has been plugged in with the colored wire on PIN 1 and the DIP switch for ID0A is on. This appears to be correct for the EPS 16 Plus

I have tried the other OS HFE images but I still get the same error

Any ideas?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Lotharek HXC Rev F not loading OS completely (ESP 16+)

Post by Jeff »

kadoat wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:45 pm
I have an Ensiniq EPS 16 Plus with the Lotharek HXC Rev F SD floppy drive emulator installed.

I am unable to get the OS to load beyond the first few 'clicks' (about 09/80). The keyboard then outputs an error code: "ERROR 131 - REBOOT ?"

My SD card has been formatted for FAT32 and his the 'QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages' downloaded from Lotharek's website.

The ribbon cable has been plugged in with the colored wire on PIN 1 and the DIP switch for ID0A is on. This appears to be correct for the EPS 16 Plus

I have tried the other OS HFE images but I still get the same error

Any ideas?
After a quick search it appears that this ERROR 131 is an "illegal instruction" exception from the EPS 68000 CPU. A power supply issue appears to be a common cause.