EPS Sound Libraries and some questions

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
cstrombl

EPS Sound Libraries and some questions

Post by cstrombl »

Hi! Managed to get the HxC working in my EPS the other day. Amazing little thing. With the help from a friend I managed to get the hfe files for Factory Sound Disk #1-6 working, so question number 1 is - would those files be of interest to put somewhere for others to download?

Question 2 - I cannot get the hfe files in the downloadable folder (on hxc2001.com) "SDHxCFE_Ensoniq_EPS" to work. Is there some trick that I missed? I copy them to the SD card but the EPS does not want to load them.

Question 3 - Should hfe files for Mirage work for the EPS also?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: EPS Sound Libraries and some questions

Post by Jeff »

cstrombl wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:08 pm
Hi! Managed to get the HxC working in my EPS the other day. Amazing little thing. With the help from a friend I managed to get the hfe files for Factory Sound Disk #1-6 working, so question number 1 is - would those files be of interest to put somewhere for others to download?

Question 2 - I cannot get the hfe files in the downloadable folder (on hxc2001.com) "SDHxCFE_Ensoniq_EPS" to work. Is there some trick that I missed? I copy them to the SD card but the EPS does not want to load them.
yes please share them, there is probably an issue with the SDHxCFE_Ensoniq_EPS images.
cstrombl wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:08 pm
Question 3 - Should hfe files for Mirage work for the EPS also?
sorry i don't know :|

cstrombl

Post by cstrombl »

Can I upload them somewhere?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

cstrombl wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:38 pm
Can I upload them somewhere?
send me them to hxc2001 at hxc2001 dot com

cstrombl

Post by cstrombl »

OK!

cstrombl

Post by cstrombl »

Did you get my link?

DynaMic

Post by DynaMic »

Hi, Sorry for barging in. I couldn't see where to raise a new question.

I'd be grateful if anybody can help. I've recently installed a Gotec and updated it with HxC for my Ensoniq SD!. It's running great.
My question: I previously had an older emulator installed which, due to a dodgy cable, shorted against the metal chassis. This older device wrote to a 512mb Sandisk card. I think the data is written to this device in the old Ensoniq, EDV format. Is there a way of reading the data from a USB adapter into HxC at the bios level? The files seem intact as I can view the byte-swapped data on a Freeware SW - "Read Write Anything".
Last edited by DynaMic on Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DynaMic

Post by DynaMic »

Incidentally, if anybody needs a copy of the files for the Ensoniq SD1 or any help getting your Gotec up and running, give me a shout. I have a sequencer image and I also downloaded a bunch of sound disks. It seems to include everything for the VFX/SD1 range.

ReadingSteiner101

Post by ReadingSteiner101 »

I'm all for it, I've been looking for them but don't have much time as my "real life" job has me working on projected costs for these houses in Bavaria... I could perfectly search for these files online, but it'd demand time I don't have; and these sound files would be great to have as well!