ASR10 does not recognize saved instruments from HFE files

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
Ensoniq

ASR10 does not recognize saved instruments from HFE files

Post by Ensoniq »

Hello HXC Forum!

I have purchased two HXC firmwares for GoTek drives. One for an Ensoniq EPS16 plus and just recently one for the Ensoniq ASR10. I had zero issues with the EPS16, but I cannot get the ASR10 to recognize any saved or preexisting instruments from the HFE files. I have no issue getting it to boot to the OS from HFE. I can also format a empty HFE as well as save an instrument/sample. After saving a sample/instrument to the formatted HFE, I'm able to load the sample from that same HFE, but if I restart the ASR10 it doesn't recognize any instruments/samples on the same HFE I just saved to.

I tried numerous configuration settings and spent several hours searching on HXC and the Internet but cannot resolve the issue.

Things I have tried:
Setting the Family Type to Ensoniq ASR-10
Setting the interface mode to the following: HFE config, IBM HD, Shugart
I also reset the configuration to default settings several times
I tried loading earlier OS files for the Ensoniq as well
I tried several other things, but I can't remember them all

GoTek Configuration:
Jumper is on MO
I installed an encoder with push switch and an OLED display which all work great

Has anyone else had this issue? I would greatly appreciate any help resolving this as I spent many hours modifying the GoTek after repairing this ASR10. As an FYI it reads and writes with no issues from the floppy drive and the only thing wrong with it was a coil sensor for one of the keys had a broken trace.

Thank you very much in advance!

EDIT: I figured it out! :D

I needed to add a jumper! So I have a jumper on S0 and MO, have Ensoniq ASR10 selected as family type and IBM PC HD DD selected as interface. Now I can read HFE files from the ASR10 as well as my old HFE files from my EPS library! EXCELLENT! 8)

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: ASR10 does not recognize saved instruments from HFE files

Post by Jeff »

Ensoniq wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:21 am
EDIT: I figured it out! :D

I needed to add a jumper! So I have a jumper on S0 and MO, have Ensoniq ASR10 selected as family type and IBM PC HD DD selected as interface. Now I can read HFE files from the ASR10 as well as my old HFE files from my EPS library! EXCELLENT! 8)
:D