Ensoniq Mirage HxC problem

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
sampledandconfused

Ensoniq Mirage HxC problem

Post by sampledandconfused »

Question: I just installed the usb version(DM systems floppy emulator) hxc for my Ensoniq Mirage - i DL all the .hfe Mirage sounds and OS i could find -

with my floppy disk i'd turn on the unit - ND would flash - I'd insert a floppy and it would automatically load upper and lower and display 21 -

with the emulator i turn on the unit - ND flashes on the Mirage - the emulator reads choose file - I scroll until i get to MASOSv2 ( I tried all the OS and Blank Mirage (formatted, bootable).hfe and sounds) now this where it doesnt do anything - if I press select on the hxc panel it goes back to choose a file and if i press load upper or lower on Mirage it doesn't do anything - what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Ensoniq Mirage HxC problem

Post by Jeff »

sampledandconfused wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:08 pm
Question: I just installed the usb version(DM systems floppy emulator) hxc for my Ensoniq Mirage - i DL all the .hfe Mirage sounds and OS i could find -

with my floppy disk i'd turn on the unit - ND would flash - I'd insert a floppy and it would automatically load upper and lower and display 21 -

with the emulator i turn on the unit - ND flashes on the Mirage - the emulator reads choose file - I scroll until i get to MASOSv2 ( I tried all the OS and Blank Mirage (formatted, bootable).hfe and sounds) now this where it doesnt do anything - if I press select on the hxc panel it goes back to choose a file and if i press load upper or lower on Mirage it doesn't do anything - what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance
What can you see on the emulator screen when you try to read the disk ?

sampledandconfused

it says choose file i scroll to one of .hfe files - i have pic of MASOSv2 - under it is T:000/080 S:0

Dm.jpg
Dm.jpg (180.79 KiB) Viewed 8002 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:36 am
it says choose file i scroll to one of .hfe files - i have pic of MASOSv2 - under it is T:000/080 S:0

Dm.jpg
And nothing else ? No "RA" and/or the green led blinking when the sampler try to read the disk ?

sampledandconfused

No nothing else - the mirage display flashes "nd" and the unit stays yellow - also my floppy disk works perfectly wth the mirage I just checked again

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:05 pm
No nothing else - the mirage display flashes "nd" and the unit stays yellow - also my floppy disk works perfectly wth the mirage I just checked again
try this : remove the stick,switch-off the gotek, press the right button, switch-on the emulator (keep the button pressed) , release the button.

then reinsert the stick and retry.

sampledandconfused

thank you - i will try tomorrow when I'm back in the studio - also here is a pic of the jumpers someone told me they might not be positioned right I tried looking at the schematic but was unable to figure it out - my mirage is the full keyboard with the red strip https://goughlui.com/wp-content/uploads ... 00K-UM.pdf
jumpers_rdc2.jpg
jumpers_rdc2.jpg (153.32 KiB) Viewed 7976 times

sampledandconfused

Jeff wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:14 am
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:05 pm
try this : remove the stick,switch-off the gotek, press the right button, switch-on the emulator (keep the button pressed) , release the button.

then reinsert the stick and retry.
No that didn't work - I updated the firmware to the newest also -I'm not even sure of the procedure when it's workin right - should it just self load when I choose an OS or sound or do I use the load sample upper lower from the mirage which I've tried but didn't work bcuz no OS was loaded - thanks for your help so far I'm about ready to give up on it and get a sd one from lotherak

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

For the Mirage you only need the S0 jumper. Remove all the others.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Have you another machine (a PC?) to try the emulator ?

sampledandconfused

Jeff wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 am
Have you another machine (a PC?) to try the emulator ?
i have a S5000 with scsi but I'm not sure its the right adapter - i do have a few pcs one is older(12 years) but not sure if it has scsi - I'll be in studio tomorrow and arrange jumper and see if that works and check my akai and pcs ----- if it's working properly does it just load the OS when selected or do I use the load buttons on the mirage?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:08 pm
if I press select on the hxc panel it goes back to choose a file and ...
i don't understand what do you mean there ? You can't select an image ?

sampledandconfused

It works! The jumper assignment was the problem - like you stated just the SO need to be jumped - now it loads when I turn it on - thank you