ASR-10 installation Hxc USB Help!

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
OleP

ASR-10 installation Hxc USB Help!

Post by OleP »

Hi Jeff & Co,

Sorry if this is already here on the forum somewhere already, but have been searching the web the whole day, so figured a post would be in place.

Just installed the hxc usb emulator in my Asr-10 - at first the light was constantly blinking and after reading here on the forum i switch the cable other way around and the light is now stable. It does however say F-F when the usb is not inside, but goes to 000 when inserted.

No luck in getting the os to boot yet.

Wondering if i am using the right files though - i have now used the files from the asr-10 pack from QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages, but unsure if there is any difference from the SD files from the USB files? If so please steer my in the right direction.

The guy i bought it from should have flashed the disk to work with ensoniq etc. Unsure which software though, but is only a couple of weeks ago since i bought it.

Sorry for the noob questions - i will however make a youtube video if i get this up an running for all the future noobs out there as a thank you!

Best

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: ASR-10 installation Hxc USB Help!

Post by Jeff »

Hi,

You need to have the HxC firmware to ask support here and have a properly working HFE support.

To get it : https://hxc2001.com/store

Hope you understand.
Thanks.

OleP

Post by OleP »

Hi again Jeff,

Just bought the software now.

Anyway you could help by a step by step of what i shall do now?

Thank you!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

OleP wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:02 pm
Hi again Jeff,

Just bought the software now.

Anyway you could help by a step by step of what i shall do now?

Thank you!

I suppose you don't have any usb<->serial (ttl) adapter ?

(EDIT : contact me by email : hxc2001 at hxc2001.com)

OleP

Post by OleP »

Thank for all the help, Jeff! Couldn't be happier. Well worth 10 euro and ASR is up an running like Usain Bolt.

Much obliged and all the best!!

thedjob

Post by thedjob »

Im trying to set mine up as well. I dont know where to start, I have no clue if i need to flash this gotek, or if it came flashed. what the jumper settings should be. Any Guidance would be great. Very vague Instructions on it so far.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

thedjob wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:37 pm
Im trying to set mine up as well. I dont know where to start, I have no clue if i need to flash this gotek, or if it came flashed. what the jumper settings should be. Any Guidance would be great. Very vague Instructions on it so far.
If it is flashed with the HxC firmware you can find the instructions on these pages :

https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... -firmware/

raul98

Post by raul98 »

HELP WITH ENSONIQ ASR10.
I recently bought the GOTEK usb emulator (Zfdd01 Emulador Floppy 1.44mb), but I can't get it to read the asr10's operating system for me. Whenever I put the usb it starts reading the operating system and then I get this error (FILE OP ERROR NUM=040) ... what can I do? Thank you

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hello,

Is the HxC Firmware installed ? : https://hxc2001.com/store

raul98

Post by raul98 »

Good morning Jeff, thanks for responding.
I already bought the HxC firmware. What should I do now? how i flash the hardware. thanks for your help.

raul98

Post by raul98 »

for the installation of the firmware with the HxC bootloader... https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... ation.html... will it be that the third USB flash memory method is compatible with this GOTEK model (Zfdd01 Floppy Emulator 1.44mb) or which method should I use? ... thanks for the help

raul98

Post by raul98 »

Good day.
already update the Gotek (Artery AT32F415RCT7-7) with hxc_fw_installer.hex with a USB A-USB A cable.
Which version of the firmware (https://hxc2001.com/custom_fw/) should I install in the GOTEK (Artery AT32F415RCT7-7) so that it recognizes the ENSONIQ ASR10? Thank you