Mirage Flashed Gotek Troubles

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
j1mpst3r

Mirage Flashed Gotek Troubles

Post by j1mpst3r »

Hi,

I am very new to this (Flashing) not the Mirage. Any help would be appreciated.

It would appear I successfully Flashed the Gotek. I believe the next step is to prepare a USB Stick but I am struggling to understand exactly how.

Basically all that happens on the Gotek display when I connect a Fat32 USB Stick is "003" continually flashes 3 times and then pauses for 2 seconds.

What should I be doing next?

Thanks in advance

edit*

So it turns out OSX incorrectly formatted the USB Stick and that is what the error code was suggesting. I have now managed to get a little further and have completed the UDP.

Now if anyone can suggest how to boot from the MASOS image I have on the USB Stick that would be appreciated.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Mirage Flashed Gotek Troubles

Post by Jeff »

You can found some Mirage images for the HxC on this forum :
Here for example :
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... =17&t=3043

Use the indexed cfg file and rename the hfe files DSKA0000.HFE,DSKA0001.HFE,DSKA0002.HFE,DSKA0003.HFE...

j1mpst3r

Post by j1mpst3r »

Thanks Jeff, that's pretty much what I have been doing, trawling the boards for Mirage files and naming them appropriately and placing them with different cfg files.

I have seen some people talk about the jumper locations being critical and also perhaps flipping the ribbon cable over?

I just don't seem able to hit the right combination, I assume the first file will automatically load if everything is correct?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

j1mpst3r wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:06 am
Thanks Jeff, that's pretty much what I have been doing, trawling the boards for Mirage files and naming them appropriately and placing them with different cfg files.

I have seen some people talk about the jumper locations being critical and also perhaps flipping the ribbon cable over?

I just don't seem able to hit the right combination, I assume the first file will automatically load if everything is correct?
If a file is loaded, you should see a number on the screen. "000" for the the first one.
For the jumper set it to S0.

j1mpst3r

Post by j1mpst3r »

I see the numbers corresponding to the files on the Gotek display. i.e if I have 4 files there are 4 numbers 000,001,002,003

However the Mirage doesn't react, the Mirage shows a horizontal line at the top of it's display.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

j1mpst3r wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:52 am
I see the numbers corresponding to the files on the Gotek display. i.e if I have 4 files there are 4 numbers 000,001,002,003

However the Mirage doesn't react, the Mirage shows a horizontal line at the top of it's display.
Is the drive green led always lit ?

j1mpst3r

Post by j1mpst3r »

yes, solid

*edit

Wooohooo, flipped the ribbon cable over and it's working :) :D :D :D

Thanks for your input Jeff, fantastic product, service and support.

Got the Magic "21"
Last edited by j1mpst3r on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

j1mpst3r wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:56 am
yes, solid
then reconnect the floppy ribbon to the other way.

j1mpst3r

Post by j1mpst3r »

Thanks Jeff, must have been a delay in displaying your last advice on the Board. I thought you had gone to bed and rightly so :lol:

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

j1mpst3r wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:59 am
Thanks Jeff, must have been a delay in displaying your last advice on the Board. I thought you had gone to bed and rightly so :lol:
Refresh page is needed to see new posts ;)