Ensoniq Compatability for VFX SD

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
crchambers

Ensoniq Compatability for VFX SD

Post by crchambers »

Hi All,
Can the HxC Floppy Drive Emulator be used in the Ensoniq VFX SD Music keyboard?

mondo1976

Re: Ensoniq Compatability for VFX SD

Post by mondo1976 »

Yes.

NateofCA

Re: Ensoniq Compatability for VFX SD

Post by NateofCA »

I bought a HxC floppy disk emulator from someone on Ebay for my VFX-SD and having trouble figuring out how to VFX-SD disks converted to HFE files that will read on the VFX. I'm techy with using hex editors and also the Geibler tools. The guy I bought the drive from included blank HFE files on a USB stick which have file size 2,049,024 bytes and first off I can't figure out how he created those HFE files using the current HxC2001 GUI software. I've tried several of the formats including the Ensoniq EDM and Mirage configs of course. In the HxCEmulator software I see there is a config file format with .fpf extension that can be loaded. Maybe someone can send me a correct one of those to work. So far the resulting HFE files I'm getting that are close in size are 2,008,064 in size. In hex editor I see one byte with value 0x07 that is different in the header from the 0x00 value in the blank HFE files the user gave me. I've changed the '07' to '00' and it seemed to work for an image file I had converted using a tool I mention in next paragraph in that the VFX was actually seeing the VFX data in the file, However when I tried to load something I get a 'drive not ready' error.

I have Geiber EDV files and also image files created with a set of 'VFXTools' I found online which work pretty well for creating images of VFX disks on a Windows 98 PC I have and they are very similar to Geibler EDV files upon investigation in a hex editor. I've read through all the replies in this thread but maybe missed the answer to the HFE config format. I also tried images I created using Omnidisk. Anyway; I'm pretty frustrated with this so far. Thanks a bunch for any help.