Ensoniq ASR-10 5100KB image file

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
another_SD1

Re: Ensoniq ASR-10 5100KB image file

Post by another_SD1 »

That's quite interesting.
From all the images I've gave you, I expected that at least you're able to save data to the _EMPTY_ EPSDISK820_empty.hfe .
Because this one was created by EpsDisk.
And EpsDisk manual says:
It also allows non-standard
formats to be created (to an extent) --- for example, it is very possible
(I am using one as my boot disk) to format 82 tracks per side, for a total
disk capacity of 820K (1640 blocks)!
Next step would be to format a REAL (or virtual?) floppy disk with EpsDisk with type=820KB,
then read its content with HxCFloppyEmulator.exe,
then make an hfe out of it
and see if the hfe works with the HxC emulator.

I have an old PC with floppy, but it will take a while until I'll be able to do this.

However it could also be interesting to test, with this occasion, the EpsDisk "feature called sector shift, which speeds up your disk access by formatting the disk sectors in a special order. "
I'm curious if the access speed will be increased for HxC emulator too...

ghostinthemachine

Post by ghostinthemachine »

thanks for all your effort. before you start the next batch, give me one day to do more tests with the images.

at the moment im very busy, but tomorrow or saturday i can test them again in detail. then we can look further, i would love to get the 2550kb images working without problems. a faster access would be great also!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

ghostinthemachine wrote:a faster access would be great also!
This is not possible.

s_a_p

Post by s_a_p »

Does anyone have the latest ASR-10 os disk image? I just purchased one, and I want to put my Lotharek in it asap.

raul98

Post by raul98 »

Excellent tool (https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtolebmfmyco0 ... 2.zip?dl=0) ...
works great with the Ensoniq asr10. thanks for sharing another_SD1

Norrin

Post by Norrin »

I don't know if I am the first owner of an EPS16+ on earth to report that, but I have been able to use the HFE images of 2.5mB provided earlier by the author of this thread AND IT WORKS, DAMMIT !!! :mrgreen: :shock: :twisted:

I was just able to gather and save the Steinway piano on the same image as a unique file ! Normally this EFE is spread on two floppies because it's too big for a single DD floppy of 800kB (ED-007 and ED-008 from the original factory collection). The EPS16+ can save the Steinway as a whole without problem and read it again. I will try that with the Bosendorfer tomorrow (same kind of .efe instruments in 2 parts).

However 2 things, I could not boot with the OS from the image. It's funny, the display shows a weird message like "RRRRrrrr RRRR rrrRRRRRRR", the rage of the machine probably (or a too low level routine that cannot cope with the extra sectors).

But so far so good, it's really a Xmas surprise, and a very good one !

And BTW, I have found that the command line program "EpsLin Neo v1.58" (win/linux) can format super image for EPS16+. Probably the author is behind this fork ?