Dumping ASR-10 Floppies with KryoFlux?

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
Mr_T

Dumping ASR-10 Floppies with KryoFlux?

Post by Mr_T »

Hi,

I have a HxC Rev. F Emulator installed in my ASR-10 and is working perfectly to read existing hfe files that I have found on the web.

I now want to dump my personal ASR-10 floppies with Kryoflux and convert the resulting image to hfe but I have not found any info or steps on how to properly capture the image file and convert the resulting image using HxC. There seems to be so many options to capture a disk in KryoFlux (but no dedicated ASR-10 format) and would appreciate any assistance. I am on a Mac, that’s why KryoFlux is my only option to dump images.

Thanks!

Mr_T

Re: Dumping ASR-10 Floppies with KryoFlux?

Post by Mr_T »

After a day of trial and error, I finally was able to dump my ASR-10 floppies in KryoFlux and successfully convert them using HxC to hfe files that loaded on my ASR-10.

For anybody’s future reference, in Kryoflux you just need to dump the file using the MXM option. Then in HxC load the raw image with the following parameters and export the hfe file. I had a few images with some bad sectors. Some worked others didn't, but that is more down to a corrupt floppy rather than a dumping/conversion issue.

For ASR-10 HD Floppies

Dump in Kryoflux with: "MFM sector image"

Track type: MFM
Number of Track: 80
Number of side: 2 sides
Nitrate: 500000
sector per track: 20
Sector size: 512 Bytes
RPM: 300
Sector ID start: 0
Interleave: 1
Skew: 0
Total Sector: 3200
Total Size: 1638400
Auto Gap3: ON

ExportHFE as IBM PC 1.44MB

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Dumping ASR-10 Floppies with KryoFlux?

Post by Jeff »

Stream preservation dump should do the trick too. No need to use parameters in this case.