DPX-1 MIDI PROBLEMS?

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emulator I & II support
CAdair

DPX-1 MIDI PROBLEMS?

Post by CAdair »

I have a DPX-1 with a Gotek USB flash drive and a OLED display with all the disks except the Prophet 2K disk.

It sound great but there is a MIDI issue. It often doesnt trigger notes without having received the note off message of the last note.
It also has two notes, G2 and B3 that don't trigger about 90% of the time. The orange "BUSY" light doesn't even turn on for these notes. They are coming out of the computer just fine (I checked with MIDI monitor and other hardware). Also, if many notes are played at once, the "ERROR" light illuminates and the display says a random number, and changes displaying random numbers as more notes are played.

I looked at the DPX-1 service manual and it shows a lot of updates in capacitors and other discreet parts. I believe this is an older unit. It is on OS 1.4 but I have ordered a new EPROM to install the new OS and see if that helps my MIDI problem.

Does anyone know what's wrong with this thing!?

CAdair

Re: DPX-1 MIDI PROBLEMS?

Post by CAdair »

I updated the OS EPROMS, now it just blinks Ld. If the USB stick is inserted, It continually loads one program over and over.
I tried moving he jumper inside as stated in the attached service manual but it didn't make a difference.

The serial number of this one is W70947

Also, there are several chips missing. The mauual states that U504, U505, and U506 are optional.
Ive also seen pictures with U101, U205, U111, U112, U113, and U114 missing so assume they are optional also.
This DPX has none of these chips.

Anyone know what is up with this thing?

DPX-1 Service Manual
https://mega.nz/#!Cd9DiYSS!9-hRFveUfvqt ... M4kB_jy1b0