Loading EII files on Oberheim DPX-1 via HXC

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emulator I & II support
Synth boy

Loading EII files on Oberheim DPX-1 via HXC

Post by Synth boy »

Hi

I have just had a Lotharek SDF Floppy Drive Emulator installed in my Oberheim DPX-1. http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=120. It is installed where the 5.25 drive once was. I have some Emulator II files that I would like to copy to SD card that I can load into the DPX-1 via the Floppy drive emulator. I have one folder of EII hfe files and one folder of EII format files (COMP EII format). As I am new to floppy drive emulators, could somebody please advise me on the following:

• What is the correct procedure for copying EII hfe and COMP EII format files to SD card on computer and loading them into the Oberheim DPX-1?
• Do I need to convert the EII hfe and COMP EII format files to Oberheim DPX-1 format or do I copy them straight to the SD card?
• If conversion (to DPX-1 format) of the above files is required, what software (PC or mac) do I need to use?

In relation to the software, I am using an iMac with OS X 10.9.5 and have Parallels Desktop Version 11 installed on my IMac running Windows 7 (no floppy drive installed).

Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

A

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Loading EII files on Oberheim DPX-1 via HXC

Post by Jeff »

I think that you have just to change the interface mode of the emulator.
Shugart should be the right one.