EII not loading .hfe files

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emulator I & II support
JunoWho

EII not loading .hfe files

Post by JunoWho »

Hi,

Needing some help here. I installed a new HXC rev F in an EII that wasn't loading any original floppys anymore, only loading OS and then displaying '01 null preset'.

Having a twisted ribbon cable, so I set the A and B jumpers accordingly 03A/B. I tried the HXC as only drive, as well in combination with old floppy drive (changing the jumpers on both). Formatted SD card in FAT32 and put config and .hfe files available here and from EMXP.

However the end result with HXC is the same as before. The EII boots up, 'insert diskette', HXC lights up, you can browse and select .hfe image, then the HXC reads sectors RA 01-02-03-04/80, then jumps to 10/80 and stops there, RA sign disappears. The EII display then reads '01 null preset' again. Eject file and try again, same. When trying to load disk image from the EII the led on the HXC responds well. I tried changing config file and several OS but no change. It's actually the same as with old floppy drive.

Tried this with empty disks and other .HFE's that were proven to work elsewhere on this forum and from EMXP, but my EII doesnt load them in full.

I did the memory test on the EII from one of the disk images, result 'memory is good'.

Any further suggestions?

Thx

JunoWho

Re: EII not loading .hfe files

Post by JunoWho »

To add, the EII says "null preset" even with named (factory or other) HFE files

Sampling also freezes the EII after 'sample is good'

Suspecting issue in the EII rather than with HXC, any advise appreciated

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: EII not loading .hfe files

Post by Jeff »

Try to pass the memory test disk software. I think that i have put it them there :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... Images.zip