Two HxC in Emulator II - DIP switch settings?

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emulator I & II support
siliconscientist

Two HxC in Emulator II - DIP switch settings?

Post by siliconscientist »

Hello all!

I have an Emulator II with two disk drives and have now installed two HxC Rev. F floppy emulators instead of the old 5 1/4" drives. The problem is that I don't know how to set the DIP switches. I have tried with the first HxC set to ID0/drive A and the second to ID0/drive B. The Emulator II boots up fine from the first HxC and loads the disk correctly but if I want to change a parameter, it accesses drive A to load that function but reports a "disk format error". If I disconnect the second HxC, everything works as it should, so I think it has something to do with the DIP switch settings on the second HxC.

Perhaps somebody has done something like this before and can give me a hint how to set the DIP switches correctly? Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S. Just in case somebody wonders why I have installed two HxC drives: The Emulator II has two types of disks - performance disk for the ready-to-use sound programs and library disks for the raw sample data ("voices"). I want to collect and sort the raw samples from the performance disks I have and if I had just one HxC, I would have to switch between performance and library disks on that one HxC all the time. Too inconvenient... ;-) The original idea of the Emulator II was to have a performance disk in drive 1 and a library disk in drive 2 and I want to "emulate" this way of working.

siliconscientist

*SOLVED* Two HxC in Emulator II - DIP switch settings?

Post by siliconscientist »

OK, I solved this problem myself. Both HxC have to be set to drive A: First HxC is ID0 (DIP switch #1), second HxC is ID1 (DIP switch #2). Works great! :D