Disk Error

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
Lostatom

Disk Error

Post by Lostatom »

Hi,

I have the emax 1 rev 3.2 software with the hxc usb floppy emulator drive, and I have the following problems/questions:

1. When I create a sample patch I get a "Disk error" when I try to save it. If I turn the sampler off and turn it on again the samples in the low octave are still there, but the rest of the keyboard plays whatever was on the preset before i erased it. If there was a piano patch before and I erased this to be able to get an empty bank into which I can create my sample presets, the piano sample would be back again. Only this time it plays the sample almost to the end and then drops an octave. Any help here is very much appreciated.

2. The reason I erased a bank of presets was just a way of getting some empty banks on the usb key. Is there a way to create a lot of empty banks with no presets in them, and then create my own presets from samples I make myself. And I mean sampling directly on the emax. No software editor.

Thanks

Peter

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Disk Error

Post by Jeff »

Lostatom wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:54 pm
Hi,

I have the emax 1 rev 3.2 software with the hxc usb floppy emulator drive, and I have the following problems/questions:

1. When I create a sample patch I get a "Disk error" when I try to save it. If I turn the sampler off and turn it on again the samples in the low octave are still there, but the rest of the keyboard plays whatever was on the preset before i erased it. If there was a piano patch before and I erased this to be able to get an empty bank into which I can create my sample presets, the piano sample would be back again. Only this time it plays the sample almost to the end and then drops an octave. Any help here is very much appreciated.

2. The reason I erased a bank of presets was just a way of getting some empty banks on the usb key. Is there a way to create a lot of empty banks with no presets in them, and then create my own presets from samples I make myself. And I mean sampling directly on the emax. No software editor.

Thanks

Peter
1. Try to use to convert the hfe to img with the hxc software and set the emax system family on the emulator (use the internal menu).

2. Just duplicate several times an empty img image ?

Lostatom

Re: Disk Error

Post by Lostatom »

I think I got it fixed. I formatted the key in the sampler, used another config file and made an empty DSKA file and just renamed it to 0001,0002,0003 etc. and copied those to the usb . Somehow it works now.