Emax problem 2.0

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
Lostatom

Emax problem 2.0

Post by Lostatom »

Hi,

I have had my Emax 1 for a while now and got it working with the help of this forum. It has worked without any problems until a few days ago. It started saying Disk Not Formatted on boot-up. I haven't changed a thing and only used the two usb keys I have always used. Now I can't get it to work with any of the disks. It just says Disk Not Formatted.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Thanks

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Emax problem 2.0

Post by Jeff »

Lostatom wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:57 pm
Hi,

I have had my Emax 1 for a while now and got it working with the help of this forum. It has worked without any problems until a few days ago. It started saying Disk Not Formatted on boot-up. I haven't changed a thing and only used the two usb keys I have always used. Now I can't get it to work with any of the disks. It just says Disk Not Formatted.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Thanks
Have you tried to reinstall the images & config file from the quickinstall archive ?

Lostatom

Post by Lostatom »

Sorry for this very late answer.
I havent´t tried that and I think I have completely forgotten how I did it in the first place. I will have to spend some time trying that out.
What do you mean by quickinstall archieve?

thanks

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Lostatom wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:58 pm
Sorry for this very late answer.
I havent´t tried that and I think I have completely forgotten how I did it in the first place. I will have to spend some time trying that out.
What do you mean by quickinstall archieve?

thanks
some clean emax images can be found into this archive :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... Images.zip

Lostatom

Post by Lostatom »

Again, late answer. Sorry. The problem was solved when I unplugged the cable connecting the drive and plugged it back in...