Gotek and Emax 1 will show screen "Loading Software.." but..

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
yattaman82

Gotek and Emax 1 will show screen "Loading Software.." but..

Post by yattaman82 »

Hi, I just bought a gotek and I followed the explanation on Hxc but the Emax screen will constantly show "Loading Software" forever, and the gotek led screen shows hxc all the time
without allowing me scroll through the patches. My Emax firmware is 3.2

I spent days trying to figure out. Would appreciate if someone could help me.

mondo1976

Re: Gotek and Emax 1 will show screen "Loading Software.." b

Post by mondo1976 »

Where did you source your HFEs?

And do you have your CFG set to Index mode?

yattaman82

Post by yattaman82 »

Hi Mondo1976,

I use the hxc software, and batch transfer to flash drive. I put the emaxos.emx inside the patches folder, and set this as my source. Then I set the destination to my flash card. When I go home I will post some pictures and I will try to set my gfc to index and let you know.

I also tried to load the quick install files (basically copy and pasted everything from the zip file)into the flash card, but still no result.

Will let you know soon.
Thnx

mondo1976

Post by mondo1976 »

yattaman82 wrote:Hi Mondo1976,

I use the hxc software, and batch transfer to flash drive. I put the emaxos.emx inside the patches folder, and set this as my source. Then I set the destination to my flash card. When I go home I will post some pictures and I will try to set my gfc to index and let you know.

I also tried to load the quick install files (basically copy and pasted everything from the zip file)into the flash card, but still no result.

Will let you know soon.
Thnx
How did you update the HxC firmware the first time? Was the Gotek powered by the Emax and you used the same USB stick that you're using now?

Just to clarify, I'm asking because I've seen it where an Emax can power up and power the Gotek but the Gotek doesn't recognize the USB drive until a power cycle or two. I suspect that your issue is that your CFG isn't set to Index and/or you don't have an HFE called "DSKA0000.HFE" in the root of the USB drive, but try the power cycle thing and see where that gets you.

yattaman82

Post by yattaman82 »

Hi Mondo, I found online the DSKA0000.HFE, with emaxos.hfe. Although they were for a Emaxplus. (I have an emax 1) I plugged in my flashcard and the gotek showed "000". I tried to click on the buttons to scroll between patches but it wouldnt let me.

yattaman82

Post by yattaman82 »

I originally bought the gotek off ebay already with the firmware for hxc. I also hooked up to the emax and re-updated the firmware by pressing the two buttons and turning the emax on.

yattaman82

Post by yattaman82 »

Hi Mondo,
o s
here is an update, I renamed some of the patches using the dsk000..progression, and when I click the button on the gotek I'm able to scroll through the different patches renamed as dsk00..but cannot play anything. The Emax will still show "loading software"..thanx

mondo1976

Post by mondo1976 »

You have just a plain Emax that's never been updated to SE? Is that right? Since the OS is "baked" into the HFE file, a different EMAXOS.EMX may be required than the one you're using. But it'd probably be giving a different error if that was the issue.

What are the jumper settings on the Gotek? It should be DS0 and nothing else. And Pin1 (red stripe) should be nearest the power connector on the Gotek.

Also... try going to the "SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Settings" in the Settings menu in the HxC software, unchecking Auto and selecting Generic Shugart. Then open DSKA0000.HFE and resave it over itself.

If the HFEs are scrolling properly then that means the Gotek is getting power, it can read the USB stick, the Index mode is configured properly, and there is a DSKA0000.HFE present. That only leaves the communication between the Gotek and the Emax, meaning the HFE has to have the right OS, the HFE has to be saved with the Generic Shugart setting, the Gotek has to be set with the right jumper, and the floppy cable has to be good and oriented correctly (snug too).

yattaman82

Post by yattaman82 »

Thank you Mondo.

I changed the jumper and finally it started to load the sounds! Thank you so much for your time and effort to help me. :)

kaliman

Post by kaliman »

yattaman82 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:51 am
Thank you Mondo.

I changed the jumper and finally it started to load the sounds! Thank you so much for your time and effort to help me. :)
Hi Yatta
Can you send a picture of how you put the jumpers or maybe a video of how you configure everything on your flash drive? Just got an Emax SE with Gotek USB but when I power on with the USB it just stays in loading software and on Gotek I can scroll from 000 to 009. USB already comes with all the disks DSKA0000.hfe to DSKA0009.hfe and a bunch of Emax library in .hfe format...

Grey412

Re: Gotek and Emax 1 will show screen "Loading Software.." but..

Post by Grey412 »

Hi All

Newbie here.
I am having the same problem. I just purchased an Emax 1, and Gotek USb drive.
I am stuck at the "Loading Software" screen
was this ever resolved?
Where is the jumper/settings , you all speak of?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Grey412 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:23 am
Hi All

Newbie here.
I am having the same problem. I just purchased an Emax 1, and Gotek USb drive.
I am stuck at the "Loading Software" screen
was this ever resolved?
Where is the jumper/settings , you all speak of?
What can you read on the gotek without usb stick inserted ?

Grey412

Post by Grey412 »

HXC

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Grey412 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:48 pm
HXC
Which version it is ? : Remove the stick, press both buttons, choose 'F' and then read the numbers.

Grey412

Post by Grey412 »

Hi
Just getting back to this.

display reads 3 1 23 1