Emax 2, I cannot make it work!

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
sjcmal

Emax 2, I cannot make it work!

Post by sjcmal »

Hi,

Got me two rev f for installation in my emax 2's because I find it to be a very nice solution combined with my old scsi hd's (could be pushing up the daisies any day), I know that it hasn't been confirmed working yet but "should work" sounded good to me.
Now, I've done all the installprocedures provided even testing various cards with the hxc but the emax 2 seems to be stuck in the state: please insert disk! my rev. for the emax 2 os is 2.14 and that should work well, the hxc works alone and seems to work as it should when I press the buttons on it.
The em2 files converted to .hfe are there included the os emx file converted to .hfe and the .cfg file (I've tried different modes hfe/shugart etc.) but the emax 2 only finds the hxc like it would find the org. floppy when no disk is inserted, saying: "please insert disk!"

I'm pretty new to the hxc so maybe I'm doing something wrong compiling the files on the sdcard or whatever....

Anyway, if the "God" Dear Jeff have any solutions to my problems I would sinceraly be most grateful for tips or even if possible be offered a .cfg file that would work if that is the only issue or even a complete tutorial to solve this problem, I honestly would like this to work 'cause I find it to be a most useful solution for my emax 2's, thanks in advance!

Regards
//sjcmal

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Emax 2, I cannot make it work!

Post by Jeff »

Have you tried to reverse the floppy cable?

sjcmal

Post by sjcmal »

Hi Jeff, thanks for your fast reply! I've reversed the floppycable according to your suggestion (funny I didn't think of that myself) now the emax 2 finds the hxc drive correctly but fail to load anything from the sdcard saying "it's not an emax 2 disk" so it boots up from my scsidrive, when I try to load files from the hxc it inevitably says "bad bank on disk" It seems like I've done something wrong with the files that I've put on the sdcard, but it's very nice that everything hardwarewise works! so, any suggestions how to setup the correct files & .cfg for my sdcard to make this work if that is what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for the support so far!

Best Regards
//sjcmal

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Retry to convert your EM2 files with this version without the OS file :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... 2_beta.zip

sjcmal

Post by sjcmal »

Dear Maestro, that certainly did the trick! everything's working apart from that I can't use the batchconverter, but loading single files do work and so far I am a happy man! The devices are installed in both my turbomodel and one of the 2212's, so you guys have a confirmation that it works!

Thanks for the help & live prosper

Best Regards
//sjcmal

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

sjcmal wrote:...apart from that I can't use the batchconverter..
Why?

sjcmal

Post by sjcmal »

Hi, sorry my mistake! I was so excited when I was setting up the files, used EB2 when it should 've been EM2, everything works like a charm!!

Thanks again!

Regards
//sjcmal

Motomix

Post by Motomix »

sjcmal wrote:Hi, sorry my mistake! I was so excited when I was setting up the files, used EB2 when it should 've been EM2, everything works like a charm!!

Thanks again!

Regards
//sjcmal
Hey man, would you be able to give some advise regarding how to boot the eMaxII with Hxc SD Rev F? Cheers

Moe