Gotek and Emax 1 will show screen "Loading Software.." but..

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Gotek and Emax 1 will show screen "Loading Software.." but..

Post by Jeff »

i mean : What can you read on the Gotek's screen when no usb stick is connected ?

CthulhuGiger

Post by CthulhuGiger »

The emax won't switch on now, it was powering up fine before & now it seems like the PSU is dead. I just had the PSU recently checked before installing the gotek & electrician confirmed it was working fine. I will have to take it back

This thing has been a nightmare to get working properly :(

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

CthulhuGiger wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:57 am
The emax won't switch on now, it was powering up fine before & now it seems like the PSU is dead. I just had the PSU recently checked before installing the gotek & electrician confirmed it was working fine. I will have to take it back

This thing has been a nightmare to get working properly :(
:|

I still not sure what is this drive :

- First, you don't have the real HxC Floppy Emulator hardware but the chinese Gotek emulator. (BTW These "Gotek" hardware is known to have some safety design flaw regarding the power supply).

- Second, i still don't know if you have the HxC Firmware installed. I asked you twice times what the drive display on its screen, but i still don't have this information. So right now i consider that you don't have the HxC Firmware installed. I can't provide you support in this case.

To install the right firmware go to this page :

https://hxc2001.com/store/index.html

And then you will have an HxC product that i can support :D.

(A comment about your power supply : A 30 years power supply doesn't need to be checked but it need to be replaced or serviced ! All capacitors need to be replaced for sure even if the power supply seems to provide the right voltage at the voltmeter...)

CthulhuGiger

Post by CthulhuGiger »

Hi Jeff apologies for not answering your question before.

No I don't have the actual HxC hardware, I bought the Gotek from ebay with HxC firmware installed.

When it boots up it says HxC firmware, though because I can't start it up at the moment I can't recall exactly which version though I can confirm it has HxC firmware.

(A comment about your power supply : A 30 years power supply doesn't need to be checked but it need to be replaced or serviced ! All capacitors need to be replaced for sure even if the power supply seems to provide the right voltage at the voltmeter...)
Good to know, thank you

There is a chance it's a blown fuse, I will have it tested and if it is I will be picking up a 1amp fuse, hopefully it starts up :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ok.
(Have you an oled screen on this Gotek ?)

CthulhuGiger

Post by CthulhuGiger »

Yes correct its an oled screen

It comes up with details of HxC then when I press either the buttons which is to scroll up or down it shows details of each image etc