HxC Rev F Dead?

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu SP1200 support
lukebretthauer

HxC Rev F Dead?

Post by lukebretthauer »

Hi guys,

Early grey sp1200.

I was updating my screen from original to VFD, and accidentally soldered up the connector ribbon cable in the wrong order. At this stage neither the drive nor the screen would function. The HxC Rev F was lighting up, clicking but no writing or characters. Having corrected my mistake, the screen now works a treat, however the HxC is left at the same stage. Concerned,I tried a firmware update with a couple of known to be working SDs to no avail. Im crushed, as the drive is basically new.

Is it possible I have damaged the drive beyond repair? The last time i tried to load the firmware, the screen flashed once and then came on solid, with the second red light staying on. No words or characters displayed.

Hoping for some techniques to try and remedy my error, previously the setup was functioning beautifully. Jumpers are set to 1 and 5, ribbon cable has red on the right.

Luke

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC Rev F Dead?

Post by Jeff »

I am not sure to understand : Which ribbon cable and screen are you talking about ? The HxC one or the sp1200 one ?

lukebretthauer

Post by lukebretthauer »

The SP1200 just says 'insert diskette'

The HxC Rev F drive lights up and clicks but the screen is blank, no writing,

Quick update: I just tried another working HxC Rev F in the SP1200, and it displayed the same symptoms. Perhaps this is a sign that the drive is okay and its something else entirely? What could cause this type of reaction in the drive?

L

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

lukebretthauer wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:49 am
The SP1200 just says 'insert diskette'

The HxC Rev F drive lights up and clicks but the screen is blank, no writing,

Quick update: I just tried another working HxC Rev F in the SP1200, and it displayed the same symptoms. Perhaps this is a sign that the drive is okay and its something else entirely? What could cause this type of reaction in the drive?

L
check the +5V power supply line.