! Preordering of the SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator !

General information and announcements - please read it first before posting.
espartan

How much?

Post by espartan »

some questions.
How much the shipping would come out to Buenos Aires (city) Argentina (country) with all taxes included?

Besides the board, sent me the complete code for all files (*. asm,*. c, etc)?

thank you very much

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: How much?

Post by Jeff »

espartan wrote:some questions.
How much the shipping would come out to Buenos Aires (city) Argentina (country) with all taxes included?

Besides the board, sent me the complete code for all files (*. asm,*. c, etc)?

thank you very much
The source code are not available for free.

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

Shipping worlwide is the same

NO MORE SD FLOPPY EMULATORS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.

almost 50 soldered...or more. Have lost count. The pile of parts (20 boxes) is going down..

I must take break for a weekend ( SILESIAN AMIAG PARTY IS COMING)

next batch of 100 is planned when all form three batches will be sent

Jeff prepared newest firmawre - all SD will be programmed with 1.1
and hopefullu is working with manual etc, don`t Ya , Jeff ??? ;-)

ps. while soldering was watchin PRESS PLAY ON THE TAPE ! Guys are awesome :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQa1OiHlrM#

http://www.youtube.com/user/pressplayon ... fi6TkpCv-I - this one rocks !!!
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

kramskee

Post by kramskee »

Hi Jeff, Lotharek,

maybe this is a stupid question but the mount holes on the PCB are they the same distance apart as the mount holes on the bottom of a standard 3 1/4 inch drive? if so then I'd also be interested in just a PIC with the raw unpopulated PCB

Don't worry Lotharek, no warranty is required this must be stated emphatically to people who want to go this route and that it should only be considered by people who have advanced knowldege of electronics!

look on the bright side Lotharek.......... at least you don't have to assemble all the boards then! ( give your eyes a bit of a break and get a bit of loving from the wife! ) and you can even leave the PIC unsoldered and just ship it together with the board and let those of us who want to....assemble it ourselves ( I also want to mount buttons and a display somewhere else this is why I am asking ) besides they have a tendency to steal things in the mail here in South Africa at least if it's in pieces I have a better chance of getting it!!

Great Job though guys, it's a lot of work!!

mertboru

Post by mertboru »

lotharek wrote:Jeff prepared newest firmawre - all SD will be programmed with 1.1
Hi Jeff, Lotharek,

Just asking out of idle curiosity... For future firmware releases, how can we update to the latest firware? I mean, would it be simply possible to download the firmware binary file from your website and copy it on a SD card for auto-update?

Your soldering efforts appreciated Lotharek. Great job!
Thank you very much indeed...

Kind Regards,
MB

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mertboru wrote:
lotharek wrote:Jeff prepared newest firmawre - all SD will be programmed with 1.1
Hi Jeff, Lotharek,

Just asking out of idle curiosity... For future firmware releases, how can we update to the latest firware? I mean, would it be simply possible to download the firmware binary file from your website and copy it on a SD card for auto-update?

Your soldering efforts appreciated Lotharek. Great job!
Thank you very much indeed...

Kind Regards,
MB
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
//-----------H----H--X----X-----CCCCC----22222----0000-----0000------11----------//
//----------H----H----X-X-----C--------------2---0----0---0----0--1--1-----------//
//---------HHHHHH-----X------C----------22222---0----0---0----0-----1------------//
//--------H----H----X--X----C----------2-------0----0---0----0-----1-------------//
//-------H----H---X-----X---CCCCC-----222222----0000-----0000----1111------------//
//----------------------------------------------------- http://hxc2001.free.fr --//
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Update procedure :

-> Copy the new firmware file (*.upd) to a freshly formated FAT32 SDCard.
-> Insert the SDCard into the emulator
-> Press Up and Down buttons before power up and keep it pressed at least 1 seconds at power up.
-> Wait some seconds .... its done !

Note 1:
The file must be unfragmented on the sdcard and must be in the first part of the root directory. For these reasons it is recommended to use a freshly formatted FAT32 SDCard, otherwise you may get the error 4 or 6 (see note 2).

Note 2:
Bootstrap LED error messages:
Error 1 : (blink 1 time and 2 seconds pause cycle) No entry point (->no software flashed)
Error 2 : (blink 2 time and 2 seconds pause cycle) SDCard init error.
Error 3 : (blink 3 time and 2 seconds pause cycle) FAT error.
Error 4 : (blink 4 time and 2 seconds pause cycle) UPD File not found!
Error 5 : (blink 5 time and 2 seconds pause cycle) Bad UPD File header! (bad file)
Error 6 : (blink 6 time and 2 seconds pause cycle) Bad data crc! (file corrupt)
Error 7 : (blink 7 time and 2 seconds pause cycle) Bad data size!
Error 8 : (blink 8 time and 2 seconds pause cycle) Write error (Pic flash error)

Jeff / HxC2001

lolafg

Post by lolafg »

@ Lotharek ,

Hello , in your site you speak about "actual list shipping" , i don't see it ,so i can't know if i'm in this actual list , can you give me the light about ?

Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

The user manual is now ready and available here :

https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... Manual.pdf

John79

Post by John79 »

Jeff wrote:The user manual is now ready and available here :

Hello Jeff,

I make and sell ribbon & power cables for the Amstrad CPC users who want to use your USB and SD HxC floppy emulator.

I received mine from Lotharek and started selling the power cables for the SD card on eBay: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/urban-retro/

The SD card works perfectly with my ribbon & power cable, however, I would like to confirm something with you.

First of all, I have connected the SD card through the 2nd disk drive port of the Amstrad CPC using an external ribbon cable and I haven't shorted pins 23 & 24 so the SD card is set as drive b and not a: Also, the jumper setting is as in the pdf manual (i.e. the two bottom leftmost pins are shorted).

To access the SD floppy I simply do |b and the emulator works fine (i.e. I can do "cat" and "run" files). However, I cannot access the a: internal disk drive. I tried different jumper settings with no result. Also, the drive works fine as |b so it is not the ribbon cable. Besides, it is the same ribbon cable that I used with the USB HxC emulator.

I was wondering does the SD card disables the internal disk drive by default? Why I cannot access the a: drive? Is this normal?

Your SD HxC floppy emulator is superb and I really recommend it to all! I also have to say that Lotharek did an excellent job. His soldering is very neat!

Thank you for your time!

John79

Post by John79 »

By the way, in the pdf manual you mention:

"The power source must be able to deliver at least 300mA for proper operations."

I actually measured the current consumption while the SD card was working (i.e. LEDs flashing, LCD was on) and the maximum current consumption I could see on my meter at all times did NOT exceed the 170mA mark. So, I think any PSU that can provide at least 200mA should be safe to use with your SD card.

Thanks!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

John79 wrote:

By the way, in the pdf manual you mention:

"The power source must be able to deliver at least 300mA for proper operations."

I actually measured the current consumption while the SD card was working (i.e. LEDs flashing, LCD was on) and the maximum current consumption I could see on my meter at all times did NOT exceed the 170mA mark. So, I think any PSU that can provide at least 200mA should be safe to use with your SD card.

Thanks!
I done several tests, and yes what you said is true, but did you done the test while writing to the sdcard ? because the power cossumption increase when you wrote to the sdcard. i mesure some peak currents of 270mA.
This can vary with the sdcard model.
Last edited by Jeff on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

John79 wrote:

Hello Jeff,

I make and sell ribbon & power cables for the Amstrad CPC users who want to use your USB and SD HxC floppy emulator.

I received mine from Lotharek and started selling the power cables for the SD card on eBay: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/urban-retro/

The SD card works perfectly with my ribbon & power cable, however, I would like to confirm something with you.

First of all, I have connected the SD card through the 2nd disk drive port of the Amstrad CPC using an external ribbon cable and I haven't shorted pins 23 & 24 so the SD card is set as drive b and not a: Also, the jumper setting is as in the pdf manual (i.e. the two bottom leftmost pins are shorted).

To access the SD floppy I simply do |b and the emulator works fine (i.e. I can do "cat" and "run" files). However, I cannot access the a: internal disk drive. I tried different jumper settings with no result. Also, the drive works fine as |b so it is not the ribbon cable. Besides, it is the same ribbon cable that I used with the USB HxC emulator.

I was wondering does the SD card disables the internal disk drive by default? Why I cannot access the a: drive? Is this normal?

Your SD HxC floppy emulator is superb and I really recommend it to all! I also have to say that Lotharek did an excellent job. His soldering is very neat!

Thank you for your time!
If the jumper is in the ID3 position, this is normal since this signal is "motor on" -> both disk drives use it. When using this signal you must disable the internal disk drive (wire 24 to the ground).

If you want both disk drive try this : put the jumper in the ID1 position. By this way you use DS1 signal (b disk drive).

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jeff wrote: If the jumper is in the ID3 position, this is normal since this signal is "motor on" -> both disk drives use it. When using this signal you must disable the internal disk drive (wire 24 to the ground).

If you want both disk drive try this : put the jumper in the ID1 position. By this way you use DS1 signal (b disk drive).
Amstrad CPC jumper config updated to explain this:

John79

Post by John79 »

Jeff wrote:If the jumper is in the ID3 position, this is normal since this signal is "motor on" -> both disk drives use it. When using this signal you must disable the internal disk drive (wire 24 to the ground).

I confirm this is working!

Both the internal 3" disk drive of the Amstrad CPC and the external SD floppy emulator work great on this jumper setting!

I will update my auction with this information as well...

Thanks Jeff!

John79

Post by John79 »

Jeff wrote:I done several tests, and yes what you said is true, but did you done the test while writing to the sdcard ? because the power cossumption increase when you wrote to the sdcard. i mesure some peak currents of 270mA.
This can vary with the sdcard model.
Hi again Jeff,

thanks for all your replies. Hmm, I am only talking about the Amstrad CPC here. I did all the current consumption tests with the SD card connected on an Amstrad CPC. Is there write support for the Amstrad CPC? I mean, I tried save"test" in basic and it did not create a 1kb file called test.bas on the SD card selected disk file. What do you mean by "writing to the SD card"?