YAMAHA TX16W

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Ohmen52

YAMAHA TX16W

Post by Ohmen52 »

Got this sampler completely working with Typhoon 2000 OS and HcX emulator. Great!! :D

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: YAMAHA TX16W

Post by Jeff »

Ohmen52 wrote:Got this sampler completely working with Typhoon 2000 OS and HcX emulator. Great!! :D

How exactly ? (Floppy dump ? Floppy image used ? Jumper settings / Floppy interface mode ? The floppy cable need to be reversed ?)
:D :?:

(and don't hesitate to post some pictures/videos ;) )

Ohmen52

Post by Ohmen52 »

My little "how to":
--------------------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA TX16W floppy disk file format:

Track Type: MFM, Two sides floppy, Auto GAP3, 80 Tracks, Sector IC Start: 1, Sectors size: 512,
9 sectors per track, RPM: 300, Bitrate: 250000, Total sector: 1440, Total size: 737280

HFE file interface mode: Auto (IBM PC 720kB)

Hardware Jumper settings:
Atari ST/Amiga/Shugart jumper settings: Drive A, ID0, reverse floppy cable - cutting off connector's nose required!

PROCEDURE

A. Dump any TX16W OS floppy disk with HcX's Floppy disk dump! I did it with a Typhoon 2000 disk.

B. Export the image to SDCard and don't forget storing it to harddisk for further use.

C. Preparing TYPHOON 2000 sound files to work with the HcXFloppyEmulator:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Open WinImage 8.5 (http://www.winimage.com/) // New: Choose standard format 720k //
2. Drag and drop all files into WinImage
3. Write disk to real 2DD floppy disk
4. Open HcXFloppyEmulator 1.6.9.0
6. Initiate a Floppy disk dump with the created disk
7. Export the image to SDCard and don't forget storing it to harddisk for further use

D. Using sound disk images with TX16W / Typhoon 2000 :
-----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Autoload OS (Typhoon 2000) on TX16W startup
2. Change to any floppy disk with sound files or empty disk image (middle button of SDCard Emulator)
3. On the TX16W press buttons "SYSTEM SETUP" + "UTILITY", then choose "7.Load*" followed by "Go"
4. This menue also allows using "Save, Format", etc. to handle your files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAMAHA OS related:
-----------------------
OS image can be loaded, however due to the MSX-DOS format sound file images aren't possible yet. So use a SxsEx dump utility or the ALESIS DataDisk to handle your sound files with this OS. ALESIS's DataDisk is also able to work completely with the HcXFloppyEmulator!

Have fun! :D

dreye

Post by dreye »

Ohmen52 wrote:My little "how to":
YAMAHA TX16W floppy disk file format:

Track Type: MFM, Two sides floppy, Auto GAP3, 80 Tracks, Sector IC Start: 1, Sectors size: 512,
9 sectors per track, RPM: 300, Bitrate: 250000, Total sector: 1440, Total size: 737280

HFE file interface mode: Auto (IBM PC 720kB)

Hardware Jumper settings:
Atari ST/Amiga/Shugart jumper settings: Drive A, ID0, reverse floppy cable - cutting off connector's nose required!

PROCEDURE

A. Dump any TX16W OS floppy disk with HcX's Floppy disk dump! I did it with a Typhoon 2000 disk.

B. Export the image to SDCard and don't forget storing it to harddisk for further use.

C. Preparing TYPHOON 2000 sound files to work with the HcXFloppyEmulator:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Open WinImage 8.5 (http://www.winimage.com/) // New: Choose standard format 720k //
2. Drag and drop all files into WinImage
3. Write disk to real 2DD floppy disk
4. Open HcXFloppyEmulator 1.6.9.0
6. Initiate a Floppy disk dump with the created disk
7. Export the image to SDCard and don't forget storing it to harddisk for further use

D. Using sound disk images with TX16W / Typhoon 2000 :
-----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Autoload OS (Typhoon 2000) on TX16W startup
2. Change to any floppy disk with sound files or empty disk image (middle button of SDCard Emulator)
3. On the TX16W press buttons "SYSTEM SETUP" + "UTILITY", then choose "7.Load*" followed by "Go"
4. This menue also allows using "Save, Format", etc. to handle your files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAMAHA OS related:
-----------------------
OS image can be loaded, however due to the MSX-DOS format sound file images aren't possible yet. So use a SxsEx dump utility or the ALESIS DataDisk to handle your sound files with this OS. ALESIS's DataDisk is also able to work completely with the HcXFloppyEmulator!

Have fun! :D

dreye

Re: YAMAHA TX16W damagedfloppydrives

Post by dreye »

would you mind to send me a working typhoon OS hfe file for my tx16w ,cause my floppy doesnt work either on pc or on the sampler,please can you help me?sorry for my bad english and my bigger bad knowhow with pc.thanks .if that was possible hereś my e-mail adress:dreye@gmx.de

Ohmen52

Post by Ohmen52 »

dreye wrote:would you mind to send me a working typhoon OS hfe file for my tx16w ,cause my floppy doesnt work either on pc or on the sampler,please can you help me?sorry for my bad english and my bigger bad knowhow with pc.thanks .if that was possible hereś my e-mail adress:dreye@gmx.de
DONE!!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ohmen52 wrote:
dreye wrote:would you mind to send me a working typhoon OS hfe file for my tx16w ,cause my floppy doesnt work either on pc or on the sampler,please can you help me?sorry for my bad english and my bigger bad knowhow with pc.thanks .if that was possible hereś my e-mail adress:dreye@gmx.de
DONE!!
I am interested by this file too ;)

Ohmen52

Post by Ohmen52 »

Jeff wrote:
Ohmen52 wrote:
DONE!!
I am interested by this file too ;)
Hi Jeff,

I'd be glad to send you the requested hfe-file, if you tell me how and where i can send it.

Regards

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ohmen52 wrote:
I'd be glad to send you the requested hfe-file, if you tell me how and where i can send it.

Regards
There : https://hxc2001.com/contactus/

Ohmen52

Post by Ohmen52 »

Jeff wrote:
Ohmen52 wrote:

Regards
There : https://hxc2001.com/contactus/

Ohmen52

Post by Ohmen52 »

I just sent the files.

mrdazobee

Post by mrdazobee »

Could you send me the file also please!
mrdazobee@ntlworld.com

mrdazobee

Post by mrdazobee »

Hi,Could anyone please explain in a little more detail how to get the sd floppy emulator to work in a yamaha tx16? I am new to all this and a little confused.What does reverse floppy cable and cut connectors nose mean?Sorry for my ignorance!Thanks....

Ohmen52

Post by Ohmen52 »

Files sent!

I also try to explain the issue with the reversed cable and the plug's nose by means of the following picture:
Attachments
Nose_2.jpg
Nose_2.jpg (116.8 KiB) Viewed 51146 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ohmen52 wrote:Files sent!

I also try to explain the issue with the reversed cable and the plug's nose by means of the following picture:
I have updated the Quick Install archive with the right images :
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... Images.zip