Native ASR-10 disks to HFE

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
TheProf

Native ASR-10 disks to HFE

Post by TheProf »

Hi,

We just installed an HxC into an ASR-10. Works like a dream, so no problems there. The owner of said instrument has a pack of diskette that were issued by Syntaur which contain factory samples for the unit. When we tried to convert these disks using the HxC utility the dump takes about half an hour and returns no data. Surely it should be able to read these or do we just have a pack of corrupt disks? If so I will see if the supplier can reissue them. I must admit OmniFlop had some trouble with them too, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they have failed.

Best wishes,
Andy

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Native ASR-10 disks to HFE

Post by Jeff »

Which drive are you using to read them ? One internal floppy drive ?

TheProf

Re: Native ASR-10 disks to HFE

Post by TheProf »

Hi Jeff,

I am trying to extract the disk images using a single diskette drive on ID0 using a non-twisted cable. This seems to work fine with other types of disk, but not the ASR-10 ones I am trying to extract. Interestingly I managed to get my hands on a Kryoflux module and this was able to read the disks in generic MFM mode, so there is valid data there. In fact, if you dump this images as hex, you can see all the patch names and settings as strings. Although I realize this is no guarantee of quality! I have turned these images into HFE format and have sent them to the person with the ASR-10 for testing, so I shall let you know. However, as before, the HXC software is unable to read these disks. I can send you one oif you want to experiment?

Best wishes,
Andy