FM-TOWNS Marty and SD HxC Floppy Emulator close to success

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
caius

Re: FM-TOWNS Marty and SD HxC Floppy Emulator close to succe

Post by caius »

Jeff, we are giving up on this?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

caius wrote:Jeff, we are giving up on this?
Finally we don't have the Marty here, and regarding the price of the machine, i prefer to avoid to ask you to send me it to me....

a last thing to check before giving up : is there a pull-up resistor (1Kohms <> 4.7Kohms) on every signal line ? The HxC don't have pull-up on its transmits signals, so they must be at the Marty rx side.

caius

Post by caius »

Jeff wrote:

Finally we don't have the Marty here, and regarding the price of the machine, i prefer to avoid to ask you to send me it to me....

a last thing to check before giving up : is there a pull-up resistor (1Kohms <> 4.7Kohms) on every signal line ? The HxC don't have pull-up on its transmits signals, so they must be at the Marty rx side.
Yes, all inputs on Marty side are pulled-up (2.2KOhm), also outputs are (3.3KOhm) but these are already pulled-up also on HxC side (1KOhm on all inputs of your emulator)
For me it's really weird why it doesn't work.Marty console is the price-reduced version of FM-TOWNS PC and we all know that HxC works perfectly with this japanese computer.
Anyway, Jeff,for me it's not a problem to send you the console.And if it gets damaged or lost during shipping, who cares about! :D

P.S.
Let me know if there are other tests I can do (also logic analyzing if you want)

bbuchholtz

Re: FM-TOWNS Marty and SD HxC Floppy Emulator close to success

Post by bbuchholtz »

I apologize for the necrobump. I'm also very interested in emulating the floppy drive for the Marty. Was any further progress made?

Thanks!

Brian

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

bbuchholtz wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:50 am
I apologize for the necrobump. I'm also very interested in emulating the floppy drive for the Marty. Was any further progress made?

Thanks!

Brian
no, i still didn't met the Marty...

caius

Post by caius »

I think it's something really subtle that prevents the HxC emulator to work with the FM-TOWNS Marty since, as you may read on this post of mine, I successfully adapted a common Samsumg SFD-321B FDD.I offered to send my Marty 2 console to Jeff but he didnt want, I can't blame him though.I'm available to other tests I can do.
Last edited by caius on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

caius wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:46 pm
I think it's something really subtle that prevents the HxC emulator to work with the FM-TOWNS Marty since, as you may read on this post of mine, I successfully adapte a Samsumg SFD-321B FDD.I offered to send my Marty 2 console to Jeff but he didnt want, I can't blame him though.I'm available to other tests I cando.
You can send it, but the problem is that there is a great chance that i don't receive it or i got it damaged.
If you want anyway to send me it, send me an email to hxc2001 <> hxc2001.com

caius

Post by caius »

Sorry to contradict you but I don't think so.I have sent in my life hundreds (if not thousands) of packages to every part of world (also New Zealand, Hong Kong, Brazil and other countries very far me who I'm in Italy) and I never had any issue, no damages or lost parcels.I'm gonna to contact you in private.Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

caius wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:53 pm
Sorry to contradict you but I don't think so.I have sent in my life hundreds (if not thousands) of packages to every part of world (also New Zealand, Hong Kong, Brazil and other countries very far me who I'm in Italy) and I never had any issue, no damages or lost parcels.I'm gonna to contact you in private.Thanks.
Yes but i am in France ;). For example i still waiting a Dreamcast 10 years later :lol: .

caius

Post by caius »

I know you are you France and this is better than New Zealand, don't you think?Do you know where is exactly Italy? :D

P.S.
By the way, any news regaring the full support for Sharp X68000?I knew you were working on a solution (you posted also some early schematics here)?

bbuchholtz

Post by bbuchholtz »

I'm building a custom PCB for adapting from the FDD host 26-pin ribbon cable to standard 34-pin shugart. I plan on making extra PCBs. I am happy to donate them to this project.

Also, have you seen any of Ravior Ortiz's YouTube videos? He also seems very knowledgeable of the Marty platform. In particular, he made a video for connecting two floppy drives to the Marty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P13Wp1csNtg

I'm hoping he can also contribute to this project :)

-Brian

caius

Post by caius »

bbuchholtz wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:54 pm
I'm building a custom PCB for adapting from the FDD host 26-pin ribbon cable to standard 34-pin shugart. I plan on making extra PCBs. I am happy to donate them to this project.

Also, have you seen any of Ravior Ortiz's YouTube videos? He also seems very knowledgeable of the Marty platform. In particular, he made a video for connecting two floppy drives to the Marty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P13Wp1csNtg

I'm hoping he can also contribute to this project :)

-Brian
Maybe you didn't read the whole thread but I already successfully adapted a Samsung SFD-321B 34pin FDD to Marty building a custom adapter from 26pin FFC to 34 IDC (I take the connector from the Marty PCB itself), it's a rough prototype on veroboard but it works, at that time there was no need for a proper PCB :

I will send Jeff this too along with a step-down converter and a Marty 2 console.

Anyway, the problem is make HxC emulator working with Marty since FDDs (like the Samsung SFD-321B) are already known to be working with it.

bbuchholtz

Post by bbuchholtz »

I'm basing my PCB on your research :D

I am also interested in support for the Sharp x68000....

-Brian

caius

Post by caius »

bbuchholtz wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:43 pm
I had not doubts.Nowadays most of people take advantage of public/shared info and use it to make profit, I kindly ask you to not do the same with mine.Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

caius wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:07 pm
bbuchholtz wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:43 pm
I had not doubts.Nowadays most of people take advantage of public/shared info and use it to make profit, I kindly ask you to not do the same with mine.Thanks.
Last time i said something similar, i got the answer : "Then why did you have put all your formats documentation on your website and the software in open source ?" :|