Internal Drive A going mad with SD HXC

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amstrad CPC support
Jean75

Internal Drive A going mad with SD HXC

Post by Jean75 »

Hello,
I'm a proud owner of a Schneider CPC 6128. I bought the SD HXC Floppy Emulator with the right cables. Yesterday I connected everything but no drives were recognized in a first step.
Today I found out that I have to load the autoboot file from the sd card and select a file first before the cpc allows the hxc as external drive b. I'm able to start some games now but I always have to disconnect the 12V power cable from the monitor (CTM644) because otherwise the internal drive A goes mad an makes a very unhealthy noise (unfortunately i have no disk to put into the drive).
What is wrong with my setup? (jumpers are set as mentioned in the user manual)

Some games are not starting from extrenal drive B (like Barbarian) because they refer to an empty drive A. What can I do?

If I want to close a game, do I always have to turn the cpc off an on again?

Thx for helping me, sorry for my newbie questions ;)

Jean

Jean75

Re: Internal Drive A going mad with SD HXC

Post by Jean75 »

update:

I was able to detect the 2 problems yesterday:

a) internal floppy drive A made some strange noise because the belt was broken

b) sd hxc floppy emulator as external drive B was not found because I had not selected a file on the hxc

Now I'm using the floppy emulator as Drive A and all games and programs are running fine.

But perhaps somebody has a hint how to get the games requesting drive A started from drive B?

Thx

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Internal Drive A going mad with SD HXC

Post by Jeff »

Jean75 wrote:
But perhaps somebody has a hint how to get the games requesting drive A started from drive B?
One solution : crack/fix them ;)