Backup requiring multiple floppies

HxC Floppy Emulator on IBM PC and compatible support
djm

Backup requiring multiple floppies

Post by djm »

I am trying to use the emulator to backup a DOS compatible CNC system. The backup process requires boot from a floppy, the user is then prompted to insert floppies one by one until backup is complete. The number of floppies required is unknown, how do I select/create an empty floppy?
I can overwrite the initial floppy, but I want to select an empty "folder" for each disk.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Backup requiring multiple floppies

Post by Jeff »

djm wrote:I am trying to use the emulator to backup a DOS compatible CNC system. The backup process requires boot from a floppy, the user is then prompted to insert floppies one by one until backup is complete. The number of floppies required is unknown, how do I select/create an empty floppy?
I can overwrite the initial floppy, but I want to select an empty "folder" for each disk.
Actually you can duplicate an empty msdos hfe file image on the sdcard X time (Ex: Disk001.HFE, Disk002.HFE, Disk003.HFE,...). During the backup process just select the next file image.

djm

Post by djm »

Can you explain the process? Do I need to store an empty image that I can overwrite? My backup system just says insert a floppy each time. I have not found a way of just writing to the SD card without having an image present already.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

djm wrote:Can you explain the process? Do I need to store an empty image that I can overwrite? My backup system just says insert a floppy each time. I have not found a way of just writing to the SD card without having an image present already.
I have prepared some empty floppy disk image :

https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... Images.zip

Just download this file, unzip it, and copy all files present into the folder PC_1.44MB (or PC_720KB) to the root of the sdcard.

djm

Post by djm »

Thanks!