USB HxC Floppy Emulator help needed.

HxC Floppy Emulator on IBM PC and compatible support
doubelyou

USB HxC Floppy Emulator help needed.

Post by doubelyou »

I just got a USB HxC Floppy Emulator shipped from poland, hooked it up to my PC, started up windows 95, loaded a few floppy images, everything was going great. Then I shut down. :? Now I can't boot up again without disconnecting the drive, or disabling the drive in software. I can't mount the device at all within my PCs OS, because the device must be unplugged or disabled for me to boot. The problem is, the image it last loaded is still on the device, and there is no eject function that I can see on the software side. I've sprawled through sourcecode, tried cli stuff, but nowhere can I find an eject function. Now I am unable to use the device at all. My motherboard does not support alterations to the boot order, and prioritizes floppy. Please help. :( There doesn't seem to be any online documentation on this device, and from the short list of options on the software suite it doesn't appear ejecting a floppy is possible? Why?

makkie71

Re: USB HxC Floppy Emulator help needed.

Post by makkie71 »

Ciao
Nel Bios la sequuenza di boot è impostata come prima periferica C:\ ?

doubelyou

Post by doubelyou »

makkie71 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:12 pm
Ciao
Nel Bios la sequuenza di boot è impostata come prima periferica C:\ ?
My bios does not support changing the boot order, it is fixed as A:\ to boot, and only boots to C:\ if there is no floppy found.

With the CLI options, I figured out how to force the eject as ejectFloppy is run when ths q to exit script runs. However, looking deeper at the source code, the eject function doesn't appear to actually run code, the function is empty with a simple "return (0);". The red light on my usb floppy emulator does turn off when q is used though. I still can't boot to Windows or DOS with the HxC floppy emulator enabled or plugged in though. All I can do is load a bootable disk, and nothing further.

I also found that I can not mount 2 floppies at once with -usb:0 and -usb:1, (in separate cli instances of course) though the one time it did boot (the first boot before any image was mounted on the device) it showed up as 4 floppy disk drives. As I can't boot to a proper OS, I can't really tell what's going on there though.

doubelyou

Post by doubelyou »

:( It has been 1 month since I have gotten my HxC USB Floppy emulator. I still have not been able to get my system to boot with it plugged in and powered on. If anyone has any ideas, please help. I am issuing a $50 bounty to anyone who can help me fix this issue. I just really want to use this product as intended, if someone has any idea on how to make that possible in my setup, I will give you $50. Please DM me on here or on discord username: doubleyou1337

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

doubelyou wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:07 pm
:( It has been 1 month since I have gotten my HxC USB Floppy emulator. I still have not been able to get my system to boot with it plugged in and powered on. If anyone has any ideas, please help. I am issuing a $50 bounty to anyone who can help me fix this issue. I just really want to use this product as intended, if someone has any idea on how to make that possible in my setup, I will give you $50. Please DM me on here or on discord username: doubleyou1337
A blank image with a boot sector filed with 0 values should do the trick.

attached.
blank.zip
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
About the other issue, you need to choose the right select line on the settings window (DS1 or DS2 for PC).

And this emulator can emulate one drive at a time, not two.