HxC Software on Win XP - D2XX Drivers

HxC Floppy Emulator on IBM PC and compatible support
johnsomu

HxC Software on Win XP - D2XX Drivers

Post by johnsomu »

I have installed the Floppy Emulator software on my Windows XP SP3 system. I have also downloaded the FTDI D2XX drivers for WinXP 32 bit and run their installation program. When I run the Floppy Emulator software and try to configure the USB emulator, the status message says "FTDI D2XX Driver not installed". I have even tried copying the D2XX dll files to the same directory that the emulator software is running in with the same result. Both the release and beta version behave the same way.

Is it possible that the drivers need to be enumerated in the registry before the emulator software can access them? If so, how would I do that if I don't have hardware with an FTDI chip in it to trigger the Windows installation process? Perhaps I am missing something else.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide. :)

johnsomu

Re: HxC Software on Win XP - D2XX Drivers

Post by johnsomu »

I tried to install on Win7 Pro 64-bit, same thing. Obviously I'm missing something but I haven't a clue what it might be. Thanks for any ideas....

johnsomu

Post by johnsomu »

Perhaps I have figured it out. The USB Floppy Emulator settings only work if the emulator hardware is installed in the computer you are running the software on. I assumed otherwise, but I think I see now that all I really need to do is use the other functions in the software to create an HFE image and store it on the USB stick. My emulator hardware will be installed in a Roland MC-50 mkII. If I get the parameters right, I will be able to select the image I want the MC-50 to see and then load/save that way.

Thanks for reading this anyway. :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Which emulator have you ?