Small bug w/ autoboot file chooser

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
telengard

Small bug w/ autoboot file chooser

Post by telengard »

I was using the search function (F1) and it seems that 'a' and 'q' are somehow swapped. Verified my keyboard was ok in GEM.

Awesome, awesome program. Complements the device just perfect.

~telengard

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Small bug w/ autoboot file chooser

Post by Jeff »

telengard wrote:I was using the search function (F1) and it seems that 'a' and 'q' are somehow swapped. Verified my keyboard was ok in GEM.

Awesome, awesome program. Complements the device just perfect.

~telengard
Yes this is a small qwerty/azerty issue ;-)

Stay tuned because another important add-on will be available for ST : An hard disk driver for the SD HxC Floppy Emulator :-)

endre1952

Post by endre1952 »

I'm excited about the upcoming hard disk driver, I don't have a hard drive solution for the ST, expect for a 20MB old Megafile drive that I don't use. Will it work with the Rev B board? I have a Rev C unit in my Amiga 500, but a Rev B in my ST.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

endre1952 wrote:I'm excited about the upcoming hard disk driver, I don't have a hard drive solution for the ST, expect for a 20MB old Megafile drive that I don't use. Will it work with the Rev B board? I have a Rev C unit in my Amiga 500, but a Rev B in my ST.
Yes this will works on Rev B.

telengard

Post by telengard »

So I fired this up again to play a game and I'm wondering if there is a setting to fix this or is there a new version of the auto boot.hfe?

telengard

Post by telengard »

telengard wrote:So I fired this up again to play a game and I'm wondering if there is a setting to fix this or is there a new version of the auto boot.hfe?
I grabbed the sources on sourceforge (many thanks for making all of this available!) and installed the cross toolchain for m68k-atari-mint-gcc, made the necessary changes and as the Makefile did, loaded the renamed output file into the HxCFloppyEmulator.exe application. It says it is an unsupported format. I tried loading it as raw and saving as an hfe but the ST doesn't recognize it.

Could someone possibly help with this final step? I'll make the binary available for download once I have it working. :)

thanks,
~telengard

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

telengard wrote:
telengard wrote:So I fired this up again to play a game and I'm wondering if there is a setting to fix this or is there a new version of the auto boot.hfe?
I grabbed the sources on sourceforge (many thanks for making all of this available!) and installed the cross toolchain for m68k-atari-mint-gcc, made the necessary changes and as the Makefile did, loaded the renamed output file into the HxCFloppyEmulator.exe application. It says it is an unsupported format. I tried loading it as raw and saving as an hfe but the ST doesn't recognize it.

Could someone possibly help with this final step? I'll make the binary available for download once I have it working. :)

thanks,
~telengard
Which output file are talking ?

telengard

Post by telengard »

Jeff wrote:
telengard wrote:

thanks,
~telengard
Which output file are talking ?
The file that is generated by gcc is 'HXCFEMNG.PRG'. I was thinking about this last night, is it that I need to add this to a disk image (i.e. .st or .msa) and *then* convert to an .hfe?
I guess I'm just not sure what the process is after compiling the binary.

~telengard

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

telengard wrote:]

The file that is generated by gcc is 'HXCFEMNG.PRG'. I was thinking about this last night, is it that I need to add this to a disk image (i.e. .st or .msa) and *then* convert to an .hfe?

~telengard
Create a folder "dk.fatst" somewhere on your pc, add an AUTO folder and copy the prg file in the auto folder.
then Drag&Drop the dk.fatst folder on the hxc floppy emulator software. after this export the image.

telengard

Post by telengard »

Jeff wrote:
telengard wrote:]

~telengard
Create a folder "dk.fatst" somewhere on your pc, add an AUTO folder and copy the prg file in the auto folder.
then Drag&Drop the dk.fatst folder on the hxc floppy emulator software. after this export the image.
Awesome, thanks. I'll try that out and report back!

~telengard

telengard

Post by telengard »

Excellent! That worked great.

I've made the file available here:

http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/8bit/AUTOBOOT.hfe

At some point I may attempt to make this more dynamic and make a patch, really all I did was change the initializing of the keycodes based on a preprocessor def.

~telengard