Question on the "Load lasy loaded floppy" feature

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
dialek7

Question on the "Load lasy loaded floppy" feature

Post by dialek7 »

Hello again!
Although I have the "Load last loaded floppy" feature disabled (unchecked) the emulator still loads the last loaded floppy, instead of loading the autoboot mode (the files menu selector) when reseting the ST. I'm following the exact instructions, that is, I'm making the desired HXCSDFE.CFG, I save it and then put it in the SD card. Then I copied the AUTOBOOT.hfe file and lastly the files I want using the Batch Converter directly to the SD.
So why everytime I reset my ST the last selected floppy is still loaded? The only way to unload a disk is by pressing the miidle button on the board and thus emptying the "emulated" floppy drive. Only then the files menu selector screen is presented.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Question on the "Load lasy loaded floppy" feature

Post by Jeff »

dialek7 wrote:Hello again!
Although I have the "Load last loaded floppy" feature disabled (unchecked) the emulator still loads the last loaded floppy, instead of loading the autoboot mode (the files menu selector) when reseting the ST. I'm following the exact instructions, that is, I'm making the desired HXCSDFE.CFG, I save it and then put it in the SD card. Then I copied the AUTOBOOT.hfe file and lastly the files I want using the Batch Converter directly to the SD.
So why everytime I reset my ST the last selected floppy is still loaded? The only way to unload a disk is by pressing the miidle button on the board and thus emptying the "emulated" floppy drive. Only then the files menu selector screen is presented.
Yes this is normal with the actual firmware.

A beta version is available with new options allowing to force the AUTOBOOT.HFE selection at power up.