Problems with MSA files

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
Sowden

Problems with MSA files

Post by Sowden »

Hey there. I just got my Atari 1040STF working with a Gotek USB floppy emulator and it works great. I am using the lastest Atari boot program and I updated the firmware yesterday. But I am having problems loading MSA files. I will set it to a slot (lets say I have three disks so the MSA is slot 004), and when I press over to select "004" it hits "003" and goes to "000" again. I have tried a few different files and none of them seem to work. I have read that MSA files are supported but STX files aren't, if I have that right. Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks.

Sowden

Re: Problems with MSA files

Post by Sowden »

Bump. Anybody? Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Sowden wrote:Hey there. I just got my Atari 1040STF working with a Gotek USB floppy emulator and it works great. I am using the lastest Atari boot program and I updated the firmware yesterday. But I am having problems loading MSA files. I will set it to a slot (lets say I have three disks so the MSA is slot 004), and when I press over to select "004" it hits "003" and goes to "000" again. I have tried a few different files and none of them seem to work. I have read that MSA files are supported but STX files aren't, if I have that right. Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks.
You need to use the HxC software to convert them to HFE :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... t_beta.zip

Sowden

Post by Sowden »

Alright I'll do that. Is MSA format ever planning on being supported? Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Maybe.