Manager won't start all of a sudden

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
Gryzor

Manager won't start all of a sudden

Post by Gryzor »

Hello!

I was using my HxC with my STe perfectly, but suddenly it decided that loading the manager should fail... I start it up, and it gets stuck at the init screen, having recognised the unit but not going further (with the hourglass at the top). I tried rewriting the autoboot image and cfg, updated FW to 1.8.6.14a (1.8.2.30 before) but nothing... any ideas?

HxC used as Drive A, internal drive still in place.

Thanks!

Gryzor

Re: Manager won't start all of a sudden

Post by Gryzor »

Anyone? :(

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Gryzor wrote: I was using my HxC with my STe perfectly, but suddenly...
Can you develop the "suddenly". How this problem appear ?
When was the last time that you see the ST working with the HxC ?[/quote]
Gryzor wrote: HxC used as Drive A, internal drive still in place.
This simply cannot work like this : Both drive are "A:" in your setup.
Why do you think that this may work?
You need to disable the internal floppy drive (set it to B with it's jumper, or disconnect the floppy ribbon.)

Gryzor

Post by Gryzor »

"Suddenly" as in the only difference that was probably done to my system was to disable (not power up) the CosmosEx device. After that even with the device on I get the same.

I thought that setting the HxC as A with the internal drive present was weird but I thought maybe it was taking precedence over it. And still, it worked just fine! Who knows, maybe the internal drive's cable was problematic and started working at some point thus rendering HxC non-functional? Will try to remove it later, thanks for the reply!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Gryzor wrote: I thought that setting the HxC as A with the internal drive present was weird but I thought maybe it was taking precedence over it.
no the ST have not such circuit.
Gryzor wrote:And still, it worked just fine! Who knows, maybe the internal drive's cable was problematic and started working at some point thus rendering HxC non-functional? Will try to remove it later, thanks for the reply!
Maybe that the drive and the hxc head was synced (at the same position). Think to remove the floppy into the drive too.
but this is quite ugly...