Just Starting Out With Fitting The ST With A HxC

HxC Floppy Emulator on Atari ST support
Geraldine

Just Starting Out With Fitting The ST With A HxC

Post by Geraldine »

Hi Folks
My very first post here. Got my HxC (Rev C) from Lotharek's site a few weeks back. Thanks by the way for the speedy delivery! 8)
Since then I have been slowly amassing the bits & bobs I need to fit it inside the ST. One thing puzzles me though and it is down to my lack of experience in electronics or rather reading electronic diagrams. :oops:

Looking at the user manual, (if I am reading it right) if I want to use external buttons I need to connect wires from them to some of the J2 group of holes in the HxC PCB. The manual states the holes are:

Button Down: Hole 7
Button Select: Hole 8
Button Up: Hole 9

Ok, got that, but what do I do with the second wires coming from the buttons? These are the buttons I am using.
Could some kind person please post a link to a photo of a correctly wired up HxC? I would help a lot. Pretty please! :D

Also picked up these neat cables for the LCD Screen. Hopefully the will reach the position I intend to fit the screen.

Oh by the way, those LCD Bazels from Conrads are dashed expensive aren't they? They sent mine in such a big box I could hardly find it amongst all the packing material! :lol:

Anyways, hello to you all, once I get it all together I will post shots. Mind you the ST case is in a terrible state at the moment so it might be some time. :?
Geraldine :)

Geraldine

Re: Just Starting Out With Fitting The ST With A HxC

Post by Geraldine »

Ok some progress. Got the HxC fitted and it's card configured with the Atari. All working well, and very pleased with it but still at a loss what to do with these selection buttons with regards to wiring them into the J2 pinouts of the HxC. Can anyone please link me a picture of the J2 pinouts correctly wired up?

freaktmp

Post by freaktmp »

Geraldine wrote: Ok, got that, but what do I do with the second wires coming from the buttons?
You have to connect them all to VSS (Pin 1).

Geraldine

Post by Geraldine »

Ah, thank you freaktmp. :D I suspected as much and went ahead anyway. It's now wired up and nearly finished. What a difference it's made. 8)

Geraldine

Post by Geraldine »

Well here it is folks my ST, it was a heck of a lot of fun building this considering I had never owned an ST before, but enjoy the pictures. :D