older games stop loading midway through on 1.3 machine

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Mort

older games stop loading midway through on 1.3 machine

Post by Mort »

Hi anyone had similar issues,

I have the emulator running nicely on an Amiga 500 1.3 with 1mb ram (fairly basic amiga), some games which load via amiga dos ie Mercenary ,Sidewinder etc get half way through loading and disk not found message appears, could be a timing issue or maybe could answer my own question in thinking it might be a bug between 1.2 and 1.3 kickstarts.

Anyone tried these on a 1.3 machine, using the tosec images and tried 2 different versions of Mercenary and they both failed at similar points in loading.

Jumpers have been tested to be correct as tried both df0: positions incase it was a simple jumper error.

:D

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: older games stop loading midway through on 1.3 machine

Post by Jeff »

Mort wrote:Hi anyone had similar issues,

I have the emulator running nicely on an Amiga 500 1.3 with 1mb ram (fairly basic amiga), some games which load via amiga dos ie Mercenary ,Sidewinder etc get half way through loading and disk not found message appears, could be a timing issue or maybe could answer my own question in thinking it might be a bug between 1.2 and 1.3 kickstarts.

Anyone tried these on a 1.3 machine, using the tosec images and tried 2 different versions of Mercenary and they both failed at similar points in loading.

Jumpers have been tested to be correct as tried both df0: positions incase it was a simple jumper error.

:D
Hi,

Try this beta version:
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... 6_2_1A.UPD

If you still having problem, try to convert your adf files to the Rev 2 - experimental HFE file format.

Mort

Post by Mort »

Thanks Jeff, works like a treat now :D

pulkomandy

Post by pulkomandy »

New file format ? Where's the spec ?

;)