ERROR: Read ERROR ! fsector 1

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
passatuner

ERROR: Read ERROR ! fsector 1

Post by passatuner »

Greetings,

I do now have two HxC-floppies, on in my A1000, one in the A1200.

On my Amiga 1000 i do get the above error ERROR: Read ERROR ! fsector 1 quite often, wenn browsing throught the files.

On my Amiga 1200 also, but not as often as it seems.

These are two different HxC floppies on each machine, not the same one.
Im using a32GB card.

What is this Error, and any way to get around it?

Greetings,
Passatuner

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: ERROR: Read ERROR ! fsector 1

Post by Jeff »

passatuner wrote:Greetings,

I do now have two HxC-floppies, on in my A1000, one in the A1200.

On my Amiga 1000 i do get the above error ERROR: Read ERROR ! fsector 1 quite often, wenn browsing throught the files.

On my Amiga 1200 also, but not as often as it seems.

These are two different HxC floppies on each machine, not the same one.
Im using a32GB card.

What is this Error, and any way to get around it?

Greetings,
Passatuner
Have you the lastest firmware and software version ?

passatuner

Post by passatuner »

Yes, I have.
I checked the SD-Card also, it's ok on my PC and my Mac...

Meanwhile I have 'fixed' it by putting in the good old real floppy into the Amiga 1000, it just wasn't the same with the SD as with real disks, i had the feeling the Amiga1000 should stay as original as possible.

But I still have the problem with my A1200 sometimes. Readings disks is no problems, but when surfing in the frontend i get this error, but it's very rare.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

passatuner wrote:Yes, I have.
I checked the SD-Card also, it's ok on my PC and my Mac...

Meanwhile I have 'fixed' it by putting in the good old real floppy into the Amiga 1000, it just wasn't the same with the SD as with real disks, i had the feeling the Amiga1000 should stay as original as possible.

But I still have the problem with my A1200 sometimes. Readings disks is no problems, but when surfing in the frontend i get this error, but it's very rare.
So nothing is 'fixed'.

I thought that a floppy emulator on an A1200 wasn't not very usefull : You have an harddisk, you can use WHDLoad...
May i ask you what do you do with the HxC on the A1200 ?

Berry

Post by Berry »

Not everything is able to boot from the WHDload. Also reïnstalling the harddisk is handy using the HxC2001. And if you don't have a harddisk... ;-)

I also noticed that formatting floppy's (on my Amiga 500) with verify ON gives errors. Formatting with verify OFF does work.

Also the changedisk routine on the HxC2001 doesn't work perfectly, but that is another topic.

robert2098

Post by robert2098 »

Jeff wrote: I thought that a floppy emulator on an A1200 wasn't not very usefull : You have an harddisk, you can use WHDLoad...
May i ask you what do you do with the HxC on the A1200 ?
From what I understand, the 2MB standard memory on a A1200 is too low for lots of WHDLoad games (correct me if I'm wrong).
And AFAIK there is currently no cheap and easy solution to expand memory unless you invest in an expensive CPU speeder card. In these cases where memory is too low for WHDLoad, the HxC is the way to run the game.

Robert