where can I found startupB.hfe and how does it work

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
ckong

where can I found startupB.hfe and how does it work

Post by ckong »

The HXCSDFE.cfg file generator tool has an option to choose 'force loading STARTUPB.HFE into the drive B at power up'. But where is this HFE file, or do I have to make it myself?

And does it also work with a real external drive connected as df1? I hope so, because I would like to use my external drive to boot up games once and a while from a disc (by the way, I have an A500).

Another question: If I hit F2 and chance the color of the text of the software selector on my amiga500 (I like the Retro look of the bright green color) and hit F9 after it (save?), the software selector color text returns to the white text after a reboot. Doesn't it 'save' the selected color?

Berry

Re: where can I found startupB.hfe and how does it work

Post by Berry »

As far as i understand this startupB.hfe file can be placed into the root of the SDCARD. the content of this startupA.hfe or startupB.hfe can be your choice. I

pulkomandy

Post by pulkomandy »

Yes, a good choice could be the kickstart disk for an Amiga 1000 for example, since you won't go anywhere without it :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

ckong wrote:The HXCSDFE.cfg file generator tool has an option to choose 'force loading STARTUPB.HFE into the drive B at power up'. But where is this HFE file, or do I have to make it myself?
You have to make it yourself!

This option allows you to force the loading of STARTUPB.HFE / STARTUPA.HFE at power up. This can be a kickstart disk, workbench, an ms dos bootable floppy, a boot disk for a keyboard/sampler , etc.

ckong wrote: And does it also work with a real external drive connected as df1? I hope so, because I would like to use my external drive to boot up games once and a while from a disc (by the way, I have an A500).
This depend of the system used. A500 can only boot on DF0 ? No ?
If you want boot from the external port you to modify a little one floppy signal into the A500.
ckong wrote:
Another question: If I hit F2 and chance the color of the text of the software selector on my amiga500 (I like the Retro look of the bright green color) and hit F9 after it (save?), the software selector color text returns to the white text after a reboot. Doesn't it 'save' the selected color?
No, but someone else already asked for this , so i will change this ;)

ckong

Post by ckong »

thanks for the replies guys, it's clear to me now.