First install of the SD floppy emulator - Just to be sure

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
ckong

First install of the SD floppy emulator - Just to be sure

Post by ckong »

Hi Guys, first post here.

I just received my SD floppy emulator today, it looks great :D

This evening I prepared a SD card with the necessary files and some converted game images and tomorrow I'm going to install the drive emulator in my Amiga 500. I have two questions, just to be sure:

1. I take it that I can use the existing amiga 500 floppy drive power connector to power the emulator? (Brown wire is +5V?)
2. I don't want to cut the case of the Amiga, so I will hide the emulator completely inside it, while remaining access to the SD card through the floppy drive opening. Am I correct that I can operate the emulator completely from the Amiga Keyboard when I use the Floppy Emulator Manager software on my Amiga? So no need to have access to the pushbuttons on the floppy emulator then?

Thanks? Tomorrow will be an exciting day.

ckong

Re: First install of the SD floppy emulator - Just to be sur

Post by ckong »

never mind, I figured it out.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

ckong wrote: 1. I take it that I can use the existing amiga 500 floppy drive power connector to power the emulator? (Brown wire is +5V?)
yes!
ckong wrote: 2. I don't want to cut the case of the Amiga, so I will hide the emulator completely inside it, while remaining access to the SD card through the floppy drive opening. Am I correct that I can operate the emulator completely from the Amiga Keyboard when I use the Floppy Emulator Manager software on my Amiga? So no need to have access to the pushbuttons on the floppy emulator then?
Yes you can install it like this by activating the "index pre incrementing" option.
i recommend you to connect an extra "next" push button (have a look to the user manual for the connection) and put it into the floppy eject button hole.

ckong

Post by ckong »

Jeff wrote:
ckong wrote: 1. I take it that I can use the existing amiga 500 floppy drive power connector to power the emulator? (Brown wire is +5V?)
yes!
ckong wrote: 2. I don't want to cut the case of the Amiga, so I will hide the emulator completely inside it, while remaining access to the SD card through the floppy drive opening. Am I correct that I can operate the emulator completely from the Amiga Keyboard when I use the Floppy Emulator Manager software on my Amiga? So no need to have access to the pushbuttons on the floppy emulator then?
Yes you can install it like this by activating the "index pre incrementing" option.
i recommend you to connect an extra "next" push button (have a look to the user manual for the connection) and put it into the floppy eject button hole.
Thanks, the tip for the extra button is useful. :)