Amiga 1000

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
gilles

Amiga 1000

Post by gilles »

Not a question here, just a success story :)
RevC of SDCard HxC runs out of the box on amiga 1000 (PAL).
Tested with kickstart 1.1(PAL) from TOSEC.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Amiga 1000

Post by Jeff »

gilles wrote:Not a question here, just a success story :)
RevC of SDCard HxC runs out of the box on amiga 1000 (PAL).
Tested with kickstart 1.1(PAL) from TOSEC.
Thanks for the feedback :)

noice

Post by noice »

I ordered a SD HxC today and am searching for experience on the Amiga 1000.

How do you convert a .rom-image of the Kickstart disk into something the HxC understands? Is there a way to tell the HxC to boot one file on startup (kickstart) before going into normal operation mode (ie boot last image, but not the kickstart)?

Regards

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

noice wrote:I ordered a SD HxC today and am searching for experience on the Amiga 1000.

How do you convert a .rom-image of the Kickstart disk into something the HxC understands? Is there a way to tell the HxC to boot one file on startup (kickstart) before going into normal operation mode (ie boot last image, but not the kickstart)?

Regards
It's an ADF file ? if yes just convert it to HFE, rename it to STARTUPA.HFE and activate "Force loading STARTUPA.HFE into the driv A at power up" option.

noice

Post by noice »

Jeff,

thank you for your reply. I reckon that this is printed in the manual so I was asking for information I could have retrieved on my own. No good start in a forum. Sorry for that.

I was playing around with the HxCFloppyEmulator (glad it works with wine!). The kickstart rom is not in ADF format and as my Amiga floppy drive is near dead, creating a DMS or ADF file of my kickstart disks is just a last ressort. I want to convert the .rom-Files to HFE. I guess I have to try the RAW file format conversion in HxCFloppyEmulator and check if that works when the HxC arrives.

Edit: thinking about the whole thing again, I most probably will have to create the image from disk (.rom being just what it is: a rom image, no disk image)

pulkomandy

Post by pulkomandy »

You don't need wine, there is a command-line version of the software for others OS :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

noice wrote: Edit: thinking about the whole thing again, I most probably will have to create the image from disk (.rom being just what it is: a rom image, no disk image)
Yes i think too ;) Maybe an adf can be found somewhere ?

EDIT : in fact i have these kickstart adf...

noice

Post by noice »

pulkomandy wrote:You don't need wine, there is a command-line version of the software for others OS :)
Thanks for pointing THAT out, works great. Sometimes command line versions are so much more convenient ;)

3 evenings later, my trusty Amiga1000 (+Mouse, Keyboard, 1081) is clean and working now, waiting for the HxC. I found all the original pieces but the expansion port cover. This was my only computer from 1986 to 1993. Helped a lot in skipping the whole DOS and Windows crap, jumping right into Linux in 1993, making a living of it now. Thank you so much, Amiga! :D

SinCity

Post by SinCity »

Help needed. I am waiting for my USB floppy emulator and I have an Amiga 1000. How do I convert a 1.3 Kickstart ROM file into a ADF?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

SinCity wrote:Help needed. I am waiting for my USB floppy emulator and I have an Amiga 1000. How do I convert a 1.3 Kickstart ROM file into a ADF?
Here the needed ADF file :

http://www.lemonamiga.com/help/kickstar ... om-1-1.php

The following Kickstart v1.1 images are available in TOSEC:
- Kickstart-Disk v1.1 rev 31.34 (1985)(Commodore)(A1000)(NTSC).adf
- Kickstart-Disk v1.1 rev 32.34 (1986)(Commodore)(A1000)(PAL).adf
- Kickstart-Disk v1.1 rev 32.34 (1986)(Commodore)(A1000)(PAL)[a].adf

SinCity

Post by SinCity »

Starting a new thread