Please can you help me

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
foleyjo

Please can you help me

Post by foleyjo »

1 - How do I make the emulator register a disk change? I find if a game asks for a 2nd disk but doesn't require a key or fire button press the disk change is never registered. Also I tried install fields of battle from floppy to harddrive using the cli installer on its disk. Disk 1 installed fine. It asked for disk2 but it was never recognised. When I exited the installer and tried to view the disk it said it was still disk 1 but got loads of errors.

2 - Is there anyway to view the emulated floppys through workbench? I get an icon for a floppy but it says uninitialised (or something similar). I've tried without an autoboot and then selecting a disk when workbench has loaded.

3 - Is there a way to use the autoboot feature but have an option to turn it off on the fly. So I can load up workbench without having to remove the sd card

Thanks in advance

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Please can you help me

Post by Jeff »

foleyjo wrote:1 - How do I make the emulator register a disk change? I find if a game asks for a 2nd disk but doesn't require a key or fire button press the disk change is never registered. Also I tried install fields of battle from floppy to harddrive using the cli installer on its disk. Disk 1 installed fine. It asked for disk2 but it was never recognised. When I exited the installer and tried to view the disk it said it was still disk 1 but got loads of errors.

2 - Is there anyway to view the emulated floppys through workbench? I get an icon for a floppy but it says uninitialised (or something similar). I've tried without an autoboot and then selecting a disk when workbench has loaded.

3 - Is there a way to use the autoboot feature but have an option to turn it off on the fly. So I can load up workbench without having to remove the sd card

Thanks in advance
1 and 2 issues are probably due to a bad jumper setting. Have a look to the user manual to correct the jumper position according to your setup (floppy cable used).

3- Press the select button 1/2 second force to eject the autoboot floppy.

foleyjo

Post by foleyjo »

Thanks for that speedy answer.

I was a bit confused because I had a twisted floppy cable and had the jumper on that setting however..

My floppy cable was not supposed to be twisted and at some point I have twisted it :lol: :oops: :lol:

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

foleyjo wrote:Thanks for that speedy answer.

I was a bit confused because I had a twisted floppy cable and had the jumper on that setting however..

My floppy cable was not supposed to be twisted and at some point I have twisted it :lol: :oops: :lol:

So it's working now ?

foleyjo

Post by foleyjo »

appeas to be thanks.
Not sure about in workbench though because I have a harddrive issue.
I think it will though