Problem with floppy emulator

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Kokos

Re: Problem with floppy emulator

Post by Kokos »

Hi Jeff, do you need some more time or in a fact the device is not 100% compatible with Escom a1200 and hardware modifications are needed to be applied?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Konrad

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

For sure the device IS compatible with it. But no one take the time to share the right setting...

Anyway as you can read everywhere keep the escom modification is just a "no-go" regarding the compatibility with amiga software...

Have you tried to use the emulator directly with "normal" software ?
Just activated the indexed mode, rename some Amiga HFE (with the PC720K mode) to DSKAXXXX.HFE (please read the user manual).

Kokos

Post by Kokos »

OK, I decided to modify my escom main-board.. Now everything works fine. However, I strongly recommend to warn customers like me in the compatibility chart that this modification is recommended to have everything working right away.

Regards,
K

Kokos

Post by Kokos »

Hi Jeff, hello others!

I have a problem, after I upgraded HxC Slim to V2_1_2_40 I'm unable to run the HxC Manager or other NDOS disks. Every time I receive 'Not a DOS disk in DF0' message. I described it in more detailed way on Jess's blog:

http://oanemous.free.fr/?p=1166#comment-109
Hi Jess! How are you doing? Can I have a little question?
First the background. I bought a1200 from amifamous Petro, it’s Escom, the same revision as yours. I also bought hxc slim from Lotharek, so let’s say we have the same hardware. hxc floppy emu wasn’t working for me and I figure out that I need to remove that infamous escom fdd cable. I did it, but I didn’t leave it like that – I was told that I also need to put there another cable for RDY signal. I’ve done pretty much the same as that guy — http://youtu.be/G6fYOjTYvXM — and it worked! I was able to run software via hxc floppy on my Amiga.
Meanwhile my daughter was born and I needed to take care other things than Amiga. Now I decided to put other hardware to a1200 – it’s ACA 1232 030/33MHz 128MB RAM and IndiVision AGA Mk2cr. Without checking the system I just started to put things inside. At the first boot I also updated the hxc slim firmware to V2_1_2_40. And after that I started checking if everything works – the thing is — I cannot boot SDCard HxCFloppyEmulator Manager now or any other NDOS disk, well actually it boots but sooner or later I receive the message ‘Not a DOS disk in DF0′ or guru. I put out everything unnecessary out of a1200 and tried few times again. No luck. I saw also your post, at first I was surprised you just removed a cable and didn’t put another in other place, but what a heck, I tried also with without any cable – I decided to cut it. Same result. I just don’t know what’s going on.. Maybe it’s firmware issue? I also played with the hxc switches because I have twisted FDD cable – no luck.
Do you have any suggestions what I can done to fix this? Do you use the most recent version of hxc slim firmware?
Thanks!
K
Is there any way that I could go back to the older firmware release? Is there maybe available archive of the firmwares?

Thank you again.

Kind regards,
Konrad

Arnie

Post by Arnie »

I have version v2.1.2.36, I've attached it to this post.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Arnie wrote:I have version v2.1.2.36, I've attached it to this post.
Sorry i have to remove your attachement : This firmware must not be used anymore...
And his problem isn't related to the firmware, but probably more to that escom modification.
or to these accelarator boards...

Anyway here is the firmware to try :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip