Flashing Kickstart intro

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
N-Ed

Flashing Kickstart intro

Post by N-Ed »

Hi guys!

After my problems with my old Amiga 500 and Sensible world of soccer 96/97 i decided to buy an Amiga 1200 instead, so said and done!

Now I've got a small but annoying problem with this one. When I fire it up and the Kickstart 3.0 screen comes up, it starts flashing constantly. And the floppy access light flickers along with the kickstart flashing. Have anybody experienced this? I can still fire up games but the flickering is making me go bonkers :wink:

Cheers in advance!

//Nicklas

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Flashing Kickstart intro

Post by Jeff »

N-Ed wrote:Hi guys!

After my problems with my old Amiga 500 and Sensible world of soccer 96/97 i decided to buy an Amiga 1200 instead, so said and done!

Now I've got a small but annoying problem with this one. When I fire it up and the Kickstart 3.0 screen comes up, it starts flashing constantly. And the floppy access light flickers along with the kickstart flashing. Have anybody experienced this? I can still fire up games but the flickering is making me go bonkers :wink:

Cheers in advance!

//Nicklas
Floppy cable used ?, jumpers setting ? Other driver on the bus ?

N-Ed

Post by N-Ed »

I'm not very technical, what does "other driver on the bus" mean?

Cheers!

//Nicklas

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

N-Ed wrote:I'm not very technical, what does "other driver on the bus" mean?

Cheers!

//Nicklas
i mean do you have another floppy disk drive on this system ?

N-Ed

Post by N-Ed »

No I removed the built in DD. What baffles me is that it's flashing in the Kickstart intro, but the games play with no such problems. That is strange isn't it?

New floppy cable is on the way from England, and I hope that solves it. Will continue to tinker this evening, and hopefully get it working :roll:

N-Ed

Post by N-Ed »

Go it working properly, I don't know what was wrong... Even got the accelerator working, so now I'm really happy :D Now I just need the CF harddrive and I'll be ready for a bash with me mates next weekend.

Cheers and beers from Sweden!

ps Love the product and the support!

//Nicklas