Amiga autoboot does not work as it should

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
passatuner

Amiga autoboot does not work as it should

Post by passatuner »

Hello!

I just got my HxC and built it in to my Amiga 1200.
As i want to use the software instead of the buttons (to keep the amiga clean from the outside) i formatted the sd-card and put the configfile and autoboot.hfe on it as told oin the manual. I checked the config to have the "load last loaded image" deactivated, as i want the autoboot.hfe to bee loaded after power on.

Unfortunately even after Power Off the last used Image is loaded, but not autoboot.hfe.

I tried a few time with overwriting the configfile, reformatting the sd a few times and so on.

What can be wrong? I have the newest Revision and the newest firmware, but i cannot get the emulator to load the autoboot.hft after poweron.

Any suggestion what to do. Help is very appreciated.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Amiga autoboot does not work as it should

Post by Jeff »

passatuner wrote:Hello!

I just got my HxC and built it in to my Amiga 1200.
As i want to use the software instead of the buttons (to keep the amiga clean from the outside) i formatted the sd-card and put the configfile and autoboot.hfe on it as told oin the manual. I checked the config to have the "load last loaded image" deactivated, as i want the autoboot.hfe to bee loaded after power on.

Unfortunately even after Power Off the last used Image is loaded, but not autoboot.hfe.

I tried a few time with overwriting the configfile, reformatting the sd a few times and so on.

What can be wrong? I have the newest Revision and the newest firmware, but i cannot get the emulator to load the autoboot.hft after poweron.

Any suggestion what to do. Help is very appreciated.
You should simply use the cfg file present in this zip file :
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... anager.zip

EDIT : How should work the autoboot mode for you ? like this :
Power Up-> Auto selection of autoboot.hfe -> amiga booting the autoboot.hfe -> choosing a game -> save (F7/F10) -> booting the game -> playing -> Power off -> Power Up -> Auto selection of autoboot.hfe ... ?
If yes this doesn't works exactly like since you need to press the middle button to reselect the autoboot.hfe. so you need to access at least to one button.
But this give me some idea to avoid the use of the button. I will make a firmware update soon ;-)

passatuner

Post by passatuner »

Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, this is exactly how I thought autoboot was working. So the autoboot is working as expected and i got it wrong.
But as i dont want to put any buttons to my Amiga 1200 i guess I will then wait for a update :)
Meanwhile i'll boot into the workbench and start the software to choose the disk directly from my workbench.

Greetings,
Passatuner

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

passatuner wrote:Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, this is exactly how I thought autoboot was working. So the autoboot is working as expected and i got it wrong.
But as i dont want to put any buttons to my Amiga 1200 i guess I will then wait for a update :)
Meanwhile i'll boot into the workbench and start the software to choose the disk directly from my workbench.

Greetings,
Passatuner
New firmware coming soon ;-)

caver99

Post by caver99 »

Is it possible with the autoboot to use more the just 2 disk games as some have more and some have upto 11, how do you change the floppy without the buttons?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

caver99 wrote:Is it possible with the autoboot to use more the just 2 disk games as some have more and some have upto 11, how do you change the floppy without the buttons?
Yes, the software use a slot system (up to 16 slots today). In the next firmware you will be able to change the disk with the sdcard (without button) :wink:

caver99

Post by caver99 »

Thanks Jeff will try thisa weekend when i am home.

Vim Fuego

Post by Vim Fuego »

Jeff, I just got my HxC today, just brilliant, fantastic product, it's given my A1200 a new lease on life.
Whilst you are tweaking the firmware, would it be possible add the option to drop the .hfe extension from the file name shown on the LCD?
The next thing, and this might be me just being new to this device, but is the file name supposed to autoscroll across the LCD if the file name is too big to fit?
I'm also with the other poster above in that the option to always load autoboot.hfe out of reset would be great.

Thanks,
Ross

passatuner

Post by passatuner »

Just wanted to thank you for adding the possibility to force autoboot on power on! Makes my life much easier!