Amiga DF0/DF1 conflict issue

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Super_buster

Amiga DF0/DF1 conflict issue

Post by Super_buster »

HW: A500 KS1.3

HXC Floppy Emulator: Using Latest firmware & floppy emulation manager for amiga.
Jumpers set to virtual DF0 and DF1.

If I only select a 'disk' in the virtual df0 drive (nothing for df1), I get a read error when booting the disk, the amiga asks me to insert the disk in df0, and cannot read the files (it returns an errorcode) this only happens with the same disks like original WB1.3, but not all disk images. The 'boot' disk (AUTOBOOT.HFE) works fine.

the solution is to 'attach' a disk to the DF1 drive, then everything is fine, or power off the Amiga and the remove the jumer for df1. If a real drive is attached in the floppy port as DF1 then everything also works!

So the problem seems to relate to the HXC floppy emulator.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Amiga DF0/DF1 conflict issue

Post by Jeff »

Super_buster wrote:HW: A500 KS1.3

HXC Floppy Emulator: Using Latest firmware & floppy emulation manager for amiga.
Jumpers set to virtual DF0 and DF1.

If I only select a 'disk' in the virtual df0 drive (nothing for df1), I get a read error when booting the disk, the amiga asks me to insert the disk in df0, and cannot read the files (it returns an errorcode) this only happens with the same disks like original WB1.3, but not all disk images. The 'boot' disk (AUTOBOOT.HFE) works fine.

the solution is to 'attach' a disk to the DF1 drive, then everything is fine, or power off the Amiga and the remove the jumer for df1. If a real drive is attached in the floppy port as DF1 then everything also works!

So the problem seems to relate to the HXC floppy emulator.
Yes this is a know issue. i will try to correct this in the next firmware release.