Diskchange issues with HxC SD Floppy Emulator...

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
mfilos

Diskchange issues with HxC SD Floppy Emulator...

Post by mfilos »

Dear Jeff and Lotharek,

I have written you in email too about this issue but thought it's better to put it here for future reference and easier replies.

First of all, i'm using your adapter (bought from Lotharek via eBay some weeks ago) for my Amiga 600 computer.
- I formated an 16GB SDHC of mine as FAT32 and copied the .CFG file to it along with some converted to .HFE Workbench3.1 images just for testing.
- I connected the floppy ribbon cable along with the power connector and powered my Amiga

If I boot the floppy emulator with the Workbench3.1 image, the Amiga boots just fine and enters Workbench screen. When I eject the image using the middle button and insert another one... a disk doesn't appear on my workbench screen! I tried that MANY times and with different images and it doesn't work. Even if I re-enter Worbench3.1 disk and click on the icon to open the contents... a dialogue box appears telling me to insert Workbench3.1 volume!

If I boot normally from my Hard Disk without an image loaded in the floppy emulator, I enter the workbench screen and when I select an image file... that also doesn't appear on my workbench screen!

Trying some dual disk games like "Shadow of the Beast 2" and "It came from the Desert", removing the disk and entering the 2nd one when needed worked like a charm!!! LOL wtf?

Before you reply with RTFM, I have learned the manual by heart, I have set the jumpers 100% right (as I have a normal and not twisted pair cable - check pic also) and I have even made the custom header as you can see from the following photos for mounting the adapter inside my A600:

Image Image Image

If you can see, others have issues like me: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=71644#post71644
In case it's needed, I can make a video of the written problems for you to be sure and in case it might give you better ideas of the problem.

Sorry for bugging ya out but these issues are really irritating and would be wonderful if they could be fixed by a firmware upgrade or even a hardware hack on the PCB.

I'm looking forward for a reply of yours.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Diskchange issues with HxC SD Floppy Emulator...

Post by Jeff »

A firmware update is on the way!

mfilos

Post by mfilos »

That is very nice to hear Jeff! Cheers

One more think I wanted to ask...
Is there a possibility to configure HxC SD (via firmware or CFG file) not to autostart the last loaded image everytime you open the computer?
Some users might find it great, but it's getting irritating having to eject in every start or reboot the last loaded image.

Thanks for the excellent work again Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

mfilos

Post by mfilos »

Fantastic!!!

It works like a charm Jeff! Diskchange is working as it should to. Thanks a lot.
Only think I would love is being able to select from the CFG file (meaning new version of "HxCFloppyEmulator.exe") whether you would want the last image to load on startup or no.

Cheers mate